Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Celebration of Life







Tina ended up not feeling well, so I went with Carly to Dorthy's Celebration of Life. It was a wonderful party. My sister was playing piano when I walked in to my god mother's house. My sister was happy today, which was nice to see. All seemed to be going well until I sat next to my step dad. I noticed he didn't say a word to me or even crack a smile. I asked my mother if everything was alright with him and his sobriety and she said that she still can't tell the difference from when he was drinking and now. Then she told me that I shouldn't have told my god mother that he started drinking again. I was so shocked! All of a sudden I understood why I had been getting the cold shoulder. I told my mom I didn't know it was a secret. When I mentioned it I already thought my god mother knew. She is my mom's best friend after all. My mother said, "You're supposed to keep it anonymous..." WHAT?! I reminded my mom about the conversation we had about telling everyone that there is NO alcohol allowed at our house anymore. My mom told me that rule only applied to my sister and my sister's father. She said they are the ones who she's really mad at. I look up at my sister who is savoring her glass of wine...
Our conversation ended abruptly because I had to rescue Carly from the stairs she kept wanting to climb up, but I haven't stopped thinking about it. I'm so full of mixed emotions. Part of me is really annoyed. The other part of me says leave it alone, my step dad is probably just trying to get comfortable with being sober again and he is probably embarrassed and ashamed that he fell off the wagon for FOUR years.
On a positive note, Carly got to play with her swimming buddies today. They are really becoming good friends. They had so much fun today...all in their matching adorable sundresses...climbing up the stairs. So cute.






Carly is making progress with her SAND fear. She still isn't comfortable standing on top of the sand, but she'll at least touch it now. :)

NEW WORD: HOT! HOT HOT!
You have read this article with the title Celebration of Life. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/08/celebration-of-life.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Celebration of Life"