Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

NEW STROLLER!

We didn't realize that you can put your carseat in the jogger stroller! NEAT! Of course our car seat was a different brand from the jogger we have, so we bought another car seat, which we'll be able to use since we have two cars. :) Its cool too because its black like our car...so it looks NICE and it has a cover on it which is important during the summer to keep the sun out of Carly's eyes. We didn't exactly JOG. We walked. :) Tina gets like a little kid outside. She comes alive. Its been SOOO beautiful lately. Everyone was at the beach.




This is the CUTEST video of Carly! I can't get over that smile!!!





My therapy session went really well last week. I went by myself, because Tina had to work. My therapist was happy I came alone because there were some techniques she wanted to try with me, that we couldn’t do while Tina and Carly were present. First, she asked me from 1-10, 1 being fine and 10 feeling like I am going out of my mind, how do I feel? I’m bad a ranging myself. I had to do that with pain in the hospital. I said 3, and then I said okay 5. She took out a set of earphones that had waves in the background. She asked me to turn them up as loud as I wanted. It was pretty relaxing. Then she had me follow this pointer with my eye and asked me questions and I wasn’t allowed to look anywhere else. It was a bit difficult. Of course we spoke about my mom. As soon as she started asking me questions I immediately felt sadness in my heart and a tight feeling in my throat. I told her that the book she told me to read, Boundaries was really good. I related to the guilty feelings. I have to learn to put Tina, Carly and my needs before anyone else’s and not feel guilty about it. My therapist did another thing with me which helped me visualize what happens to me. She told me to come up with something that my mother does that bothers me. I said, I won’t let my mother control me anymore..or something like that…I cant remember the exact chant, but the therapist did a pose, then and said the chant, and then I had to do the pose and say the chant. She started with her hands on her head and said the chant. Then she moved her hands over her eyes, then over her nose, then covering her mouth, then around her neck, then over her heart, over her stomach, over her pelvis, over her groins, and over her butt. After we did the chants she asked me what I thought of when we did that. The analogies that came to my mind were, not to allow my mother control what I see, what I smell, what I say…I won’t let her choke me, feed me with guilt, or control my sexuality. My therapist used words like trespassing, bulldozing…I got the message. At the end of the session my therapist asked me to rate myself again and I felt much better. Our session made me feel like I’m on the right track. It made me feel hopeful that I will learn how to deal with my issues. My next appointment is tomorrow at 5pm.
You have read this article with the title NEW STROLLER!. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/06/new-stroller.html. Thanks!

No comment for "NEW STROLLER!"