Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Cabinet Card Album Journal...

I'm still doin' the Full-Tilt Boogie!!! Remember this album? It's the one I originally bought off of ebay, for the Full-Tilt Boogie class. The cover is beautifully embossed velvet, and inside, the pages are thick chipboard cabinet card frames...
The album is going to turn into two separate journals - one using the covers, and a different one using the inside chipboard frame pages.


Today was my monthly girls' crop, and I used the time to finish constructing the first of the two journals - the one using the inside pages. I had so much fun making it, and I have to say I love how it turned out...

The button closure is made from a Tim Holtz fancy button, and some stretchy pink ribbon.

Here's how the front looks...
I got the donkey from a 1965 Boy's Life magazine, and I've been waiting for the right project to come along - I'm so glad I finally got to use him!

For the spine, I used a combination of a photo from a thrifted book, and part of a bag from today's Dick Blick art store purchase...

Here's how the back turned out...

Here's the inside back cover. I haven't started filling it yet, so the frames are all empty, but I plan to collage on the pages. Some frames will be covered and some will be used as part of the page. You can see how I attached the ribbon closure. It's just a simple hole with the ribbon knotted. The photo of the horses is from that same thrifted book...

A closeup of the inside back cover...
I could not possibly be more happy with the Full-Tilt Boogie class! I still have two more journals to make, so in the end I will have seven handmade journals from the class! And they are all different!!! How fun is that??? I love it!!! You can still get in on the fun if you want to - click here to check it out.

Thanks so much for visiting and have a great Sunday my friends! I will see you again soon!



You have read this article with the title Cabinet Card Album Journal.... You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/07/cabinet-card-album-journal.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Cabinet Card Album Journal..."