Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Doin' The Full-Tilt Boogie...

Before I get started with today's projects, I want to share with you a photo of this little deer who was there to greet Michael and I today, when we went on our walk....
isn't she sweet? She was closer than she looks in this picture. Wish there would have been time to zoom in, but we wanted to capture her before she ran away. She actually just looked at us for a few seconds and then sauntered into the trees. Seeing her just made my day.


Back in 2009, I went to Nashville for a gathering of SiStv Scrapbookers. It was a lot of fun, and my friend Denise was so sweet to give me this antique record album! There are so many things I love about it - like the fact that it's got a cat on the front! AND it is a country western album! And that it's one of those book-type albums, with numerous record sleeves attached on the inside! And the cool colors and design! I absolutely treasure it...


I've been holding onto it all this time, waiting for the right project to come along, and it finally did! I am using it to make my first Full-Tilt Boogie journal!!! Here's how it turned out...

The binding tapes are made from an old pair of jeans and some vintage ribbon, and the closure is a piece of a vintage sheet...

On the inside I used a mix of papers...

scrapbook paper, ledger, paper from Michael's mill, old maps...


I added the record sleeves back in as random pages...

along with pages from a vintage western swing magazine and interoffice envelopes...


Some pages out of a thrifted photography book...




and other misc papers...



also pages from a thrifted children's storybook...



I'm going to start filling it on July 1st, which should be about the time I finish my Smashbook!

The Full-Tilt Boogie class is LOTS of FUN! Mary Ann has a super cool teaching style, with lots of videos; and there is a great community atmosphere among the participants. If you want to see more participants' journals - check out the flickr group here. If you want more info on the class, check it out here.

Thanks for visiting - it really means a lot to me! Have a fabulous day and I will see you again soon!

You have read this article with the title Doin' The Full-Tilt Boogie.... You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/06/doin-full-tilt-boogie.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Doin' The Full-Tilt Boogie..."