Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Quoth the Raven...

The Letting it Loose class is winding down. I finished the second-to-last page of my journal, and I'm really liking how it turned out. The lesson was all about using color to create a feeling/mood. Here's what I came up with...
I decided it was a good time to pay tribute to my totem animal, and one of my all-time favorite poems - The Raven - by Edgar Allen Poe. I got the raven image from the web. The rest of it is glimmer mist, acrylic paint, gesso, thickers and sheet music.

I've been meaning to do a mini-album based on "The Raven" in it's entirety, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I love that poem so much! The mystery, the cadence, the lost love and yearning - the whole thing is just a masterpiece if you ask me. The minibook is for another time tho.

Oh, hey, did you hear that Prima is now offering free, live online classes now? It's really cool! I tuned in for some of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's class today and loved it. You can chat with other audience members and ask the teachers questions live. Check out their video site here. If you can't be there for the live class, they are archiving them too.

Now I will leave you with a picture of Willie with one of his fascinations - the printer. He absolutely loves watching the paper shoot out...

I know I am biased, but seriously - how cute is he???

Okay, now I'm off to finish my last page for my Let it Loose journal. Then it's on to the cover and binding! SO MUCH FUN!

Thanks for stopping by! I will be back tomorrow with another update. Have a fabulous Tuesday!
You have read this article with the title Quoth the Raven.... You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/03/quoth-raven.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Quoth the Raven..."