Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

A Charming Visitor and Two More Journals Bound...

Yesterday evening around 8:30 pm, I walked into the scraproom and did a double-take! There was a beautiful deer standing right in front of the window! And it was still light out, so I could see her clearly!!! She was eating from the bird feeders, and seemed quite calm and content. Willie was just as mesmerized as I was (click on the image to see it larger)...
She looked a lot closer in real life than she does in this picture. Turns out she had a friend with her, and the two of them hung out in the yard for about ten minutes before sauntering off. It absolutely made my day (and I'm guessing it made Willie's day too)!!!

Anyhoo, I finished this week's journals for Full-Tilt Boogie, and they were the most fun yet! We learned two new binding techniques that I had never seen before - the Sewn Chain and the Triple Chain. Here's how they turned out...

Sewn Chain Binding
I made this one with a vintage Sewing Book, and reinforced the spine with vintage contact paper. I was going for a 70's look.


Triple Chain Binding
For this one I gessoed the cover to cover up some water damage, then reinforced the spine with some specialty paper before binding.

I am having so much fun learning all these new binding techniques! Here's a photo of all of my Full-Tilt Boogie journals (so far) together on the shelf...

And we still have another week of lessons to go! I can't wait!!!

Now I'm off to do a little painting and collaging. I hope you have a wonderful evening my friends! Thanks so much for visiting!!!
You have read this article with the title A Charming Visitor and Two More Journals Bound.... You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/07/charming-visitor-and-two-more-journals.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A Charming Visitor and Two More Journals Bound..."