Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Life Savers

I want to thank you for all of your support.     It's not easy being crazy and by the sounds of it....we're all crazy. :)    I'm still blaming a lot of it on the way we treat the chickens that we later eat.   

My kids are still sick.   We haven't been well since before Christmas and it's all wearing the hell out of me.
Sydney is home from school for her 2nd day today.   I was certain that even without a voice she should still go.   She started to cry when I asked her to get ready and when I brushed the hair off of her forehead  I then realized she was fevered.   
Yesterday I called to tell the super nice neighbor lady who has been picking Syd up for school and driving her that 1/2 block to help get her there on time.  She offered back when Syd hated school and was late everyday.   She and her girls would walk and on her way home passed Sydney clunking along, late. 
It's also saved Syd walking in these freezing temperatures. 
Around 9am yesterday morning my doorbell rang.   It was the super nice lady.....she had a ziplock baggie and told me that, "when my girls are home sick they like to just sit around and play with playdough and relax"  The bag consisted of 5 little playdoughs, the book, When you give a Pig a Party, a yoplait smoothie packet (just add milk) and bubbles.    She said that having even one extra kid stay home throws the whole dynamics off and that she hoped this would help.  (TOTALLY gets it)
That small gesture made my WHOLE DAY.   What an amazing thing for someone to do.   Something so incredibly thoughtful at a time in my life when washing down my old prescription with alcohol seemed like the only answer.    :)  
I want to be that person.    I want to help make people feel better when they are feeling terrible. 
It's now on my New Years resolution list.   I'm still working on the shower part of that resolution.    I have to admit that there are people on facebook who change their profile pictures more often than I change my underwear.  but I'm working on it.

In other news.
The babies continue to have no accidents while naked.   getting them to wear underwear and clothes seems to be a whole other challenge.   
Nathan will be wearing a diaper and go take it off to go pee in the potty....but when in underwear or pants...he pee's almost immediately.    He did one time run in and potty in underwear after leaving a silver dollar mark.   Not bad.
Ryan hasn't pooped in the potty other than a little hershey squirt.   I'm not pushing it.    He has even gotten out of the tub to pee.  
They are doing SO GREAT !  
They still occassionally ask for a life savers after going.  For the most part they are just proud to do it.

Oh and my doctor called in my RX this morning.  
I needed a life saver and I was thrown a bunch.
so awesome.
You have read this article with the title Life Savers. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/01/life-savers.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Life Savers"