Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Collage Couture Creation (say that 3 times fast!)

I did this collage for lesson 1 of the Collage Couture class at SIS (I won the class on NSD). I painted the paper with gel medium and then painted with 2 colors of acrylic paint - a light blue and a turquoise, and finally rubbed some espresso acrylic paint on a paper towel and spattered some droplets. The collage section has many fabrics (new and vintage) sewn to a piece of paper. The swirl was cut out of an old 70s craft book on decoupage and the butterflies are by K&co (purchased yesterday morning on clearance on Michaels). I purchased the frame and double mat at a thrift store yesterday morning for a dollar and repainted the frame (it was lime green). I can tell that I will really enjoy this class and feel so grateful that I won it. I am really trying to keep my spending down but I love to play, and the toys can be expensive. LOL!
I did this layout for Scrapping across the universe - together. The photo is of my DH, his twin, his other brother, and his cousin, all being pushed in a wheelbarrow by his dad. I added the William Carlos Williams's poem as it seemed so appropriate, and I have always loved the purity and simplicity of his poetry.
This layout is for Inspired by Amelie - alter ego. I used some Making Memories and Heidi Swapp papers that I had from last fall, some Amy Bulter fabric(the cut out flower), some lace, a paper doily, K&co raised stickers (including one I used like an earring on the vintage magazine ad), and the tag from a necklace stand I got from Urban Outfitters a couple of years ago. Don't we all have wild dreams about how we wished we looked or place we wish we could go or .... but I know that I have a great life and I am trying to remind myself of that every day.
I have started a still life watercolor and hope to have it finished this week. Tomorrow I have class but I don't know what we will be doing. I have also begun to lay out a new quilt for our bed and will take some photos to show. I had hoped to have enough fabric in my stash to make the entire quilt but I only had about half enough in the color scheme. I stopped at the quilt shop yesterday and picked up 5 half yards of some beautiful fabrics so now I can finish cutting out the blocks. Summer has truly arrived here in Florida and I find myself retreating to my studio - I become an A/C hermit in the summer. I guess our indoor/outdoor seasons are pretty much the opposite of up north. I really love having the house open all winter and although I love hot more than cold, I have to admit I get pretty tired of the heat as it lasts sooooooooooooo long.



You have read this article Across the universe / amelie / collage with the title Collage Couture Creation (say that 3 times fast!). You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/05/collage-couture-creation-say-that-3.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Collage Couture Creation (say that 3 times fast!)"