Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Wrapping Paper Play Mat


You guys know I love simple and easy, right??

Well, this little activity is just that!  I guarantee you have everything you need in your closet!

All you need is some wrapping paper, crayons and an imagination.


I usually only purchase white wrapping paper since it's so versatile and easy to personalize, so I had a roll on hand to tape down for our play mat.

But remember.....the "b-side" of most wrapping paper is white, so just turn your paper over and you'll be ready to go.


I use blue painters tape to tape down my edges...I find it comes up the easiest and doesn't leave any sticky residue behind.


Then we get creative with our markers and crayons....
Here is our construction zone.


And since we are all about the Olympics, we grabbed our Olympians and made our own Olympic park.


I typically let my two kids decide what they want on the play mat and then try to draw it for them.  They like to color in the houses, buildings, etc....  And lately, Anna has enjoyed drawing her own little additions (sun, lake, pool, tree...).

As you can tell, I'm definitely no artist.....but my two kids don't really care!  They just love drawing and coloring!





So go grab your wrapping paper and get creating!  We usually leave our play mat up for a few days and add more and more!  

Enjoy!

You have read this article Invitations to Play / Preschool Activities / Toddler Activities with the title Wrapping Paper Play Mat. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2012/08/wrapping-paper-play-mat.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Wrapping Paper Play Mat"