Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

31weeks and 1 day!



This top picture is classic. I am 7 inches taller than Tina, so normally when we take pictures together I always make her stand in front of me...so standing behind me with my enormous belly is just hilarious. Tina looks like a little fly on my back. :) Sweet tiny little girl. :)














Today Tina and I went to Marve's Memorial. It was very beautiful. Everyone said such wonderful things about him and SO many people showed up. There must have been 100 people there. The whole experience was moving and Marve made such a positive impact on people. Tina and I splurged and had a wonderful dinner together afterwards. We even indulged in our favorite dessert chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream! We had such a wonderful evening together. Then we watched L.word and right before we were on our way out the door to do our two laps around the block with the dogs my mom called. Tina made a joke about drama calling and sure enough, she called to tell me that my sister was upset with me because she doesn't feel that I have been supportive while she's been having trouble with one of her twins.
I'm LIKE WHAT? I've called my sister and left messages. I figured she has her hands full and will call me when she's got a minute. But, there's my mom...calling me with her reprimanding tone saying I better call my sister and show her that I care, but don't call tonight because that will be too obvious, call tomorrow.
WHAT???
I think a healthy response from my mother would have been to tell my sister that I love her and that I am always there for her if she needs me, but instead I get the phone call of WRATH. Nice. Like that's going to make me feel close to my sister. Maybe my mom's approach could have been, "I spoke to your sister tonight and she's real down, You should give her a call to see if she's okay." My mom's phone call left me feeling drained and disappointed. Tina and I went on our walk with the dogs just feeling rattled.
You have read this article with the title 31weeks and 1 day!. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/02/31weeks-and-1-day.html. Thanks!

No comment for "31weeks and 1 day!"