Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

let it snow...

Okay, just so that I'm clear...I don't necessarily want it to snow...I'm just saying that to be festive...I have tons of stuff to do today and don't want to be 'snowed in'....


What's that?  My cards look suspiciously Christmas-y?  Yes, I know that it is January..January 2, 2011...btw, I had to have my Christmas tree curbside yesterday...January 1st by 9 am...yup, 9 am for it to be picked up for recycling...why does it seem that my tree gets taller when I need to get it out of my house and don't have any help?  It was pretty hilarious as I literally pulled it out of the house via my back french door...at 5 am...pretty sure my neighbors weren't thinking I was too neighborly...

Okay, okay...onto my cards...yes...cards....I made 4 of them... 


Have you heard of the new challenge blog called



It is the fabbie idea of my bloggie buddies Stephanie and Lauren!  There are going to be weekly challenges through November...48 weeks of challenges....do a card a week and you'll have 48 fab cards by December...

This week's challenge is

something old, something new!

Something Old:  the paper that I punched the Stampin' Up snowflakes out with...it is from a vintage Japanese novel that I picked up from a rummage sale...

Something New:  the PTI  Sweet Symphony paper that I got for Christmas...I used the Hawaiian Shores sheet .

I teamed up the PTI paper with Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip and Really Red...the sentiment is SRM...the twine is a RAK from KarenB:)

My Goal with the help from the Jingle Belle crew?  Make multiple cards for each challenge so I have plenty of Christmas cards this year...another 'goal' is to make the cards fairly flat..sigh..my cards were "cha-ching" to send out last month because of my love of bumpy cards...those would be 2 very huge goals...crossing my fingers that I'm able to accomplish them...thanks for the help Jingle Belles:)

My cards were inspired by cardabilites #18:


**CRAK Alert**

Okay, that cracks me up:)

I wanted to share some of the remaining CRAKs that I received in December:

This is from Alice...for those that know Alice you probably recognize her work...most definitely her coloring skillz:)


As suspected by Alice, I LOVE the use of the non-traditional colors and her joyful facial expression:)

I wish you could see Ann's card up close and personal:


I have to admit that one of the first things I noticed when I pulled her card out of the envy was her 3 layers of cardstock for the front panel...3 layers...that puppy is over 300 lbs of paper...well, you know what I mean....She managed to do CAS with Pizazz!!  soooo TWEET!

Next up is Audrey's..


Gotta love the international mail with Christmas Flair!

This is Cheryl's beauty:

Great idea die cutting the card..popping in the trees and topping it off with the big bow...LOVE it!

Check out Gina's card!


Isn't it FUN?!!!  She's an art major and I adore her work!

Gloria....


Gloria is a G45 Goddess...that supports my love of Cosmo Cricket:)

Heidi, my fellow washingtonian:)


Seriously, who doesn't know Heidi and her skills with thinking outside the box...check out the tree trunk..genius!

Janine, is from my other homeland...Canada:)


Gorgeous, eh?  Had to fit the 'eh' in there:) 



♥♥shut up♥♥  I really shouldn't have to say anymore about that sweet owl...

Laurel...my friend, fellow Canadian and challenge queen...


Dude, this girl is e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e!  Between hitting all the challenges and being GDT everywhere...she rocks the crafting world!!!



Martha is the queen of vintage and I adore her card...it made me sigh...

Michele..another Canadian...


Love the colors and the pattern...the interior reads:

Time to chase the snowflakes!



Such a gorgeous traditional Christmas card with POW...it is a gate fold card...



Another Canadian...this girl not only makes thee best cards but man she can whip up some wicked quilts and other sewn goodies...I keep telling her that she needs to open up an etsy with all her stuff...



Rose sent me a whole lotta goodness...and challenged me to do something with those glassine mini envies...muwahahaha....

Tami...


I wish you could see the fabbie embossing on this beauty from Tami...hey sista!!!!  Pretty hilarious as Tami has the opposite sleep pattern as me...she stays up really late and I get up really early and sometimes we're even up at the same time:)



Absolutely perfect....don't you love the pop of color?



aha...gotta love the owlie...Michelle is thee best..we chat about everything from Japanese Food to kids...yet another Canadian..

Naomi..you rock...


Good grief, who doesn't LOVE peppermint bark...

Okay, there you have it my peeps...thank you for hanging in there with me...

Gotta love this blogging community...everybody is thee best...


You have read this article jingle belles / pti / srm / stampin' up with the title let it snow.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/01/let-it-snow_02.html. Thanks!

No comment for "let it snow..."