It wasn't a sad thing per se. because her health had been so bad, I think everyone saw it coming. and nobody wanted her to suffer.
The funeral was today. Unfortunately all of my babysitters go to school, so I was unable to attend. I stayed home and ran the house. I also got a text from my wife telling me that they (her mom and sisters)were going to stop by the house afterwards and would be eating dinner.
I ran to the store and got the ingredients for a meal as well as dessert. I came home and immediately began preparing. I knew that between naps and babies crying and the fighting and gymnastics and everything else that I'd be lucky to get it all done by 5pm. because you know the house had to be clean too.
I did it.
They arrived at 6pm and I had already fed the kids, leaving us the table to eat at as adults. My plan, to lock the little ones downstairs with the Polar Express while we enjoyed a grown up dinner.
Jan came in first and I directed her to the children and a movie and continued setting the table...and putting the food on.
Her mom and I had a quick greeting, her 1 sister came in and immediately said "didn't Janice tell you not to cook for us. We just ate."
AYFKM!WTH!DYKHLITMTGTSTANYNGEI? (deep breath) WMW ????!!!!!!!
aka : Are you fucking kidding me ! what the hell ! do you know how long it took me to get this shit together and now you're not going to eat it ? (deep breath) Where's My Wife ?
Point 1, I had text J that dinner was ready and even said...come hungry.
Point 2, J can eat once her last meal has hit her large intestines.
I went to the laundry room and called my mom and got a little shitty for a couple of minutes...just to calm down. :)
I then went upstairs and cleared all of the food from the table and put it back in the oven. Making sure to say..no big deal...it's fine...we'll just have some dessert and visit.
Jan had already been upstairs and I'm sure coaxed everyone into telling me how sorry they were and that they'd play cards and then eat, because they'd be hungry then.
And that's exactly what they did. and I didn't have to kill Janice. and so the post should be re titled...the near death of a loved one.
The End !
Point 3, I only call J Janice when I'm pissed.
Point 4, I really have mellowed out. Back in the day this would have been a REALLY big deal.
Point 5, I'm really proud of myself for all of the growing I've done. :)
You have read this article with the title The death of a loved one. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/11/death-of-loved-one.html. Thanks!
No comment for "The death of a loved one"
Post a Comment