Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

To add insult to injury with some lemon and salt rubbed in for good measure

We still do not have a van.    Not for lack of trying.
I suppose if we are desperate we could tuck a few kids in the back of J's truck and tell them to lay down and be real real quiet.  cover it with a tarp.  tie it down so that you can't see inside and maybe put a couple of couch cushions poking out so that it looks like we are moving furniture.   Oh, I don't know, it's not like I've given it much thought.

Our air conditioner went out.   AGAIN.   for the 3rd time in 2 years. 
Remember we replaced the damn thing 2 years ago.  ugh.
It's 81 degrees in our house right now.  Much better than the 86 degrees yesterday.

Last night by chance I happened upon wet floors in the basement.    After some inspection we found that we had a leak in our pressure valve.    Thanks to having friends in all the right places.....we were able to figure out at 10:00 last night that it is a $4.00 part and an easy fix.   Not such an easy part to find.   My wife has been gone since 8:00 this morning trying to find one that will fit.    I am now praying that we can replace the plug and not the whole valve....because THAT would be much more work than I want to watch J do :)   
Until it's fixed, our water is off.    No washing of faces and hands....no flushing toilets.   oh and It's still that time of the month.  yeah.

Cameron has a fever of 101.8.

J just got home.....they don't make that valve anymore.   There isn't a replacement plug.    We're (and by we're...I mean J) is going to use some epoxy putty to plug it up.  It just doesn't sound like something that will hold a 100 lbs of water pressure.  If it does....oh the USES I can come up with for that stuff.  
I'll finally seal the dog door that the babies have broken and can now escape through.    I can plug up the hose out back so that they big kids don't turn the water on getting everything and every baby wet.   4 times a day.  requiring a new set of clothes each and every time because if left in a diaper only they WILL take them off.   GASP I'm going to use it to keep the babies diapers on :)   I'll seal the toilet closed so that the babies don't empty the toilet water on to my floor.   I'm going to stick the chairs to the floor permanently so that they aren't able to move them to climb.
PRAY that it holds....all of the above. 

Once again I ask....why do bad things happen to the most delightful of people ?   yes, I was referring to me.
ok FINE.  J.
You have read this article with the title To add insult to injury with some lemon and salt rubbed in for good measure. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/08/to-add-insult-to-injury-with-some-lemon.html. Thanks!

No comment for "To add insult to injury with some lemon and salt rubbed in for good measure"