Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Artz de Scraps and the holidays


A little announcement - I have been invited to be on the design team for http://artzdescrap.blogspot.com/ . It's a fun blog devoted to altering items (this month it is a matchbox - see above) and the DT is very international. I enjoy altering things and find myself going a tad overboard sometimes with the embellishments. LOL! I envisoned this matchbox as a box holding the crown headdress for a miniature princess so it had to be super frou frou with lots of pink and gold. Hope you can join us for the challenges.
Christmas was wonderful - it's always a joy to be with Brian. We went to see Sherlock Holmes on Christmas day (fun but it could use some better editing. I did love the visuals though - it is so arty - very steampunk!). Then we came home for lots of hors'doevres including yummy shrimp, and for dinner I did a standing rib roast (absolutely delicious and the leftovers made the most incredible vegetable soup for Sunday). Santa was very good to me this year - a set of Kolinsky sable watercolor brushes, lacy lingerie, a bottle of my favorite Gitana sherry (super dry and absolutely incredible over ice!!!!), some dark chocolate covered cherries, giftcards to Michaels and Starbucks, a fabulous metal Pottery Barn reindeer (from Brian as Sarasota has a PB store), a Lenox porcelain reindeer, and some new potholders for the kitchen which I really needed. And something really unusual - on Christmas eve day we had 3 mail deliveries (I know, unbelieveable!) - in the morning with my Scrapgal DT stuff (yay!), around noon with normal mail, and finally at 4:30pm with my January Sampler for DT work. Amazing! I have to compliment the postal service on great service! Of course, getting all that product was like a present too. I took down the tree etc on Dec 26, thoroughly cleaned the house, and put out white accent pieces. I always find the house seems bigger and more open when I take the holiday stuff down - sort of zen-like - less is more.
Hope you had a super holiday and have a wonderful new year. I am swamped with DT stuff right now (a fun swamped!) and work - but it's all good! It's cold here this morning - 39 degrees - that is COLD for south Florida! It's supposed to warm up the next couple of days and then be quite cold next week but I plan to make lots of soups and bread, and snuggle up on the couch under a little quilt and read. "I love it when a plan comes together" - anyone know where that quote comes from? Hint - it is from an 80s tv show that Brian used to love.
Thanks for reading and ttfn.

You have read this article Artz de Scrap with the title Artz de Scraps and the holidays. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/12/artz-de-scraps-and-holidays.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Artz de Scraps and the holidays"