Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Happy Holidays for Our Hero's...



The wonderful ladies over at CFH wanted to get all our holiday card making mojo flowing and are having a mini blog hop to celebrate our American hero's abroad!! The official start of the blog hop is Saturday, August 15th at 1 p.m. EST.
{{{{applause, applause}}}}
Hopefully this will get all you card makers out there busy making some holiday cards for our hero's who will sadly not be with their loved ones this holiday season. The deadline to get cards to CFH is November 1st....so get busy!!
I absolutely get a thrill out of the idea of making these men and women cards. You might remember from this post, that my brother is a Colonel in the United States Marines and I have seen up close the sacrifice these folks make for our freedom.

On to my card...



I used a few different techniques in this card, but, overall it is a very easy card to put together. I stamped the poinsettia six times and colored with my Prismacolor markers. To achieve the shading in the flowers I used red to color overall the flower and then layered on brown in the base of the petals. Then I cut out the six flowers, 3 using the bottom petals and 3 using the top petals. I added a dimensional and viola pretty flower! To finish it off I put three dots of Ranger Glossy Accents in the center and covered in gold glitter. I also measured down 1.5 inches from score of card and cut out 1 inch of the white card base. I took the pattern paper and did the same thing. Then I adhered a piece of acetate in the opening to create a window effect. I then stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card.

A more detailed look...



I hope you enjoyed and I hope you will make a card or two (or many more) for our hero's and get it to CFH by November 1st! Now, click here if you want to go to the start of the blog hop... (of course, if you are seeing this before Saturday, August 15th, you will have to wait! But, do come back and check it out then!!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO YOUR NEXT STOP ON THIS HOP AND VISIT SONIA!! SHE HAS A BEAUTIFUL CARD AND MAKE SURE TO DROP HER A COMMENT BECAUSE THIS IS HERE 1ST HOP EVA!! {{applause}}

p.s. Did you see my sweet lil kitty in the background?? She's such a good crafting buddy! =)

Thanks for stopping by...
You have read this article blog hop / cards / CFH / pictures with the title Happy Holidays for Our Hero's.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/08/happy-holidays-for-our-hero.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Happy Holidays for Our Hero's..."