This is the first layout I did for the favorite movie challenge at TAAFOMFT but then I got the crazed idea to do the Birdcage (see previous post) so I used that as my DT entry. I have so many "favorite" movies that I could do a maxi book of them - it just depends on my mood. The patterned paper is a piece of lily bee that I won from Scrapjacked and I used an old piece of Autumn Leaves paper as a template to cut the fancy edge.
On Friday I found out that Butterfly Crafts was having a cybercrop this weekend loosely based on movies so I went over there, signed up, and have been doing layouts for their challenges this weekend. the above layout is one I did in which you had to use cardboard as a stamp and then actually use the cardboard in your layout. I took these photos of my nieces when we were in North Carolina. I made the flower based on an idea I saw in the book Fabric Scrapping by Katie Ebben (from the library) and the yo yo is vintage
I finished this watercolor iris on Thursday. I am working on some watercolor exercises and thinking about my next painting.I signed up for an online class by Vee Jennings - it starts tomorrow and I can hardly wait. Yay!!!!
Our anniversay dinner last night was just fantastic!!! (but the restaurant was almost empty - only 6 couples - it's a combination of the economy and the seasonal nature of where we live - our population doubles (at least) in the winter and it's impossible to go out to dinner and the grocery stores always run out of the specials). I had sea scallops with crimini mushroom ravioli and grilled asparagus as sides, then cafe mocha and homemade buttermilk ice cream for dessert. the server told us that the restaurant would be having a wine tasting with 3 course meal special this coming Tuesday so Dan signed us up - when we got home, the restaurant had already emailed us with the wine list and the menu - all from Argentina - so cool!!!! It should be delicious!!!! SO I have a really busy week next week - working at the book store and gift shop, on Wed going out to lunch and then to the art museum for an exhibit on contemporary quilts, Thurs painting class, and Fri going down to Stuart with a friend for lunch and shopping at a quilt shop and Joannes.
I will try to post some more of my new layouts in a couple of days.
ttfn
You have read this article a few of my favorite things /
scrapbooking /
watercolor
with the title Creative mania. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/08/creative-mania.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Creative mania"
Post a Comment