Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

AHHHH~

Last night my mom called and asked me if I was coming to the father's day party and I asked her if Tina was invited and she said,"Oh, I didn't know she wanted to come?"
I told her that I didn't feel comfortable coming to a family function if Tina wasn't welcome. She said,"Bring her then." I told her that I thought she should apologize to Tina for saying those hurtful things. My mom said that she was angry and people don't mean the things they say when they are angry. She said Tina was rude to her first and that's why she lost her temper.
I had to explain to her that Tina wasn't being rude, she was just angry with her because of what had happened with the house and all the drama she caused during my pregnancy and Tina could see that I was upset yet AGAIN...crying..so that's why she was mad and protective.
Mom: I wasn't the one that killed the house deal, you were. I would NEVER do that a few days before buying the house! I just wanted to see where my money was going!
Me: BLA
Mom: BLA
Me: BLA
Mom: I thought you were angry at yourself that you missed out on buying the house.
Me: I am not upset about not buying a house with you...NOT ONE BIT!
Mom: I wanted my daughter and granddaughter to have a house!
Me: Yes, but I felt uncomfortable borrowing money from you because you made it clear that you had a bunch of conditions when you picked the fight.
Mom: We're going to help Rick's daughter buy a house and she doesn't have a problem with our conditions.
Me: Great! Buy Erica a house!
Mom: So, what do I have to do Krista! What do I have to do so we can resolve this?
Me: You need to apologize to Tina.
Mom: Tell her I'm sorry.
Me: You have to apologize to Tina by yourself.
Mom: We'll is she going to be nice so we can get along?
Me: If Tina said some things that weren't right she should apologize too, but we can't just forget it happened.
Mom: So your basically saying that I have to get along with Tina or I won't be able to see you or my grandchild?
Me: You are the one who said Tina wasn't welcome at family functions!
Mom: Well, you got in many fights with Dad and we still hung out.
Me: That was because he was my dad. That's WAY different. We were suppose to take a break mother. Then you and I were suppose to work on us. If you and I aren't fighting, Tina won't feel like she has to protect me from you. You told me that you were glad that no holidays were coming up so it would give us time to work on our relationship and now you want to have a father's day party! Every year Rick spends the day alone with his girls, why all of a sudden are you having a party?
Mom: Well turns out your sister can't come so we might not be having the party after all.
Then my mom started telling me how much money she's given me and it was a CRAZY amount. So, Tina and I spent the next few hours looking at my bank statements to show my mom what inheritance I was given and what I borrowed and I emailed her the whole breakdown of the money and checks she said she wrote out to me. My mom can't remember anything anymore. My break down went over each check: This check was your reimbursement to us for taking her dog Bella to the vet while she was on vacation. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!! My email was titled THIS IS WHY I DON'T WANT TO BORROW MONEY FROM YOU!!!

Every time I try to set a boundary with my mother she goes ballistic! Thank god I'm in therapy. I have so much work to do.
You have read this article with the title AHHHH~. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/06/ahhhh.html. Thanks!

No comment for "AHHHH~"