Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

staplefree!!!

Sorry for not blogging lately...
The best part of today is ....I'm on the road to recovery! That is so exciting at least for me... :o)

Today, it was mixed feeling... as we had to drop my mom off to the airport to fly back home :o(. I was so nervous to go the doctor appt to remove 25 staples! Bless my sweetie Hollie, she decided to take a day off to be with me.

We went doctor appt together (with kids - my kids love going doctor visits - not for them for parents). We were waiting in waiting room, my audiologist came with a BIG smile. She said - the surgery went well (in my mind - haha did you really know what really had happened?)... She said - before the surgery, my nerves were not responsive or do anything. Doctor M put electrodes in my cochlear and test to make sure if it works. She said that the nerves have been responding to it. That is a plus sign.

Finally doctor M checked on my ear parts - said fluid is now much less than the "post" surgery day. Asking me questions etc... headache? dizzy? etc... I said - I do have some dizziness. He asked me what makes me dizzy etc.. I explained - when i drive for more than an hour - it makes me dizzy, or move into different direction like laying down to up. BUT it was much better than the first few days that I have... constantly dizziness.. Now - have those some moments... He said it was good - since it is a processing to heal. Of course, I have metal taste! everything i eat or drink - taste like metal in it... Doctor M said it will go away in few weeks! It better be! At the final moment, he said - Ready to get those staples out! I said Yes but I am SO NERVOUS!!! He said it should not be hurt but for some areas it might as I have some dried blood covered staples. He pulled out some. At first, it was hurt but not so painful - afterward it goes smooth and didnt feel any pain just pulling out. Mikaela and Kyron were awe with how doctor removed. Yes, they did WATCHED the whole thing.. to removed the staples. Yay!! 25 staples gone! Staplefree!! staplefree! Now I can move much better with no feeling of pulling! Yay!! Praise the lord!!! Staple freeeeeeee!!!

I'm enclosing pictures with staples and next one is staplefree! (might be too graphic and it is kind of BIG - will explain on this part on next post)

That was two days after surgery. *you will see a purple dot - that is where the magnet is*


Staplefree!!! - 6 days after surgery
On June 3rd, It is an activation day! Doctor M and audiologist warned me - it will be a weird day - because they will start with very low volume sounds to build cooperation between sound waves and brain. As my brain has not been use for hearing for many years! Maybe since birth? maybe since the last time I had my hearing aids which is 12 years ago. I can not hear at anything now as I don t have the other device to get the sounds yet... I'm enclosing the part of device that I need to hear the sounds....
That part - will use on June 3rd for the very first time :o) but again doctor said he believe that I will have a good result (It better be!) but... It might not work... (it better be works - go through the surgery - make it work or else!) :o). Doctor M and audiologist, they said they strongly believe it will have a very good result! as for now I'm buying their stories! :o) Because I want it to work!
You have read this article with the title staplefree!!!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/05/staplefree.html. Thanks!

No comment for "staplefree!!!"