Here's what I ended up doing today on a whim, and I feel much better.
I took a picture of my No on 8 sign, downloaded it, printed it and cut it to a business card size. Then I went to Holy Cross and put it in John's vase. It was quite empowering. I'll attach a picture.
Afterwards, I called the local Democratic party and reported the incident of politicizing at my local parish and mentioned the phrase "tax exempt status." The woman I talked to said there had been many callers reporting similar incidences. I told her that I had just placed a No on 8 sign within the sacred halls of Holy Cross and to feel free to pass my story on. She said it made her day.
Next, I called Father Joe, the priest who did John's funeral and saw eye to eye with him politically. I haven't talked to him for awhile, so I blurted out, "Guess what I just did" and told him the story about Holy Cross. His response was this ~ "I'm SO glad you called today."
I suppose I answered my own question from this morning. What do you do? You don't do nothing. Even the smallest gesture has the potential to trickle out to make a difference. I figured if people can put signs in their yard, then I can put a sign in the one area I own in the Catholic church ~ John's cubicle.
–Mrs. Bair
You have read this article with the title GOOD NEWS!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/11/good-news.html. Thanks!
No comment for "GOOD NEWS!"
Post a Comment