Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Coming Out of the CLoset.

Today I told the other art teachers that I am pregnant, but I told them that I am not going to say anything to my department heads until I'm past the first trimester. They were excited for me for "COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET" they called it. We were in the car rushing from a quick lunch to our meeting, but I felt bad that I'm still in the REAL closet. The art teacher I share the art room with invited me and "my husband" to a halloween party. I am usually way out, but I was just trying to let people get to know me and get to know them before I tell them all my business, but the girls are really friendly. They are all very straight, but I don't even feel like it will be a big deal. I am just waiting for the right time. I sure hope Proposition 8 doesn't pass so Tina and I can remain legally married. Everyone assumes that because I am a newly wed I am married to a man. I'm excited about Saturday and being 11 weeks pregnant. The website says that I should start gaining a pound a week after 11 weeks because the baby is growing so much. That's really cool. I saw a 14 or 16 year old on campus yesterday with a big pregnant belly and she was glowing and excited, but I felt so sad for her. She was SO YOUNG! Meanwhile, I really wanted to share my joy with my colleges and its getting harder to hide my big belly. One girl told me I needed to get disability insurance or I will have to pay for a sub everyday that I'm not in school. I thought everyone got maternity leave in California. Apparently, not if you are a teacher. You can stay home, but you only have ten sick days a year and then you get sick leave which is when you pay to be replaced. Interesting.
You have read this article with the title Coming Out of the CLoset.. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/10/coming-out-of-closet.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Coming Out of the CLoset."