Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

September 11th, 2008


Today marks the 7th anniversary of September 11th, 2001. I can remember that day so vividly, as most Americans can. My son was just six months old, we were living on the panhandle of Florida and that morning I turned on the tv to put a Baby Einstein tape in for him. Our tv was programed to have low volume when it was first turned on and so there was no sound but I saw a picture of the World Trade Center 1st Tower with smoke billowing out of it. I assumed it must have been the anniversary of the bombing of the Towers and so at first was not alarmed. (It never occurred to me until later that the bombing had happened in the basement of the towers and of course the planes hit the top of the towers). I literally stood there rewinding the Baby Einstein tape and as I did watched live on tv the second plane crash. It took my breathe away and I knew immediately I was not watching the bombing but rather something even more terrible. As the minutes ticked on the clock, I along with the nation, watched the horrific events unfold. The ultimate blow came for me when the plane hit the Pentagon, as my brother was a U.S. Marine working in the Pentagon. Literally the sound on the tv went fuzzy for me as I contemplated that he could be hurt or even worse killed. After a few hours of the unknown, my family and I were blessed to find out that he had escaped harm and was ok. He was immediately assigned to a flying squadron, as he is a fighter pilot, and deployed to Kuwait and then Iraq for the start of the war. He has served his country for almost twenty years and flew in two tours in Iraq. I could not be more proud of another human being for his sacrifices and commitment to his family and country.

And so today, September 11, 2008 as I watched all the memorials on tv this morning and it stirred my memories of the events of that day, I thought I would make a card. This would be a card for someone who takes a major beating in the media, yet someone who, I think, will be in the history books as a great President of the U.S.A. President George W. Bush deserves praise and thanks that there has not been another attack on this country in seven years. Whether you agree with him politically or not, it does not matter, he has kept you and me safe. So for that, I thank him today...

p.s. For all those out there who dislike President Bush or his policies, please do not post your objections of President Bush or the like...I am not interested...this is my blog, for my thoughts and observations...please post your issues on your own blog! LOL!
God Bless America

Addition to post: As I stated above, I do not wish to see any of your negative thoughts, do not post them. I will delete them!! Any comment other than one specifically about the card will be deleted. Nuf said!! Also, interesting that the nasty comment comes from anonymous...if you truly believe in something, you should be able to stand beside your comments.
You have read this article cards / Chatter / projects with the title September 11th, 2008. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/09/september-11th-2008.html. Thanks!

No comment for "September 11th, 2008"