Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Beacause I needed the attention !

You know there is a lot of attention in being pregnant, with twins and having all of these other babies. I guess now that the 2nd set is here and things are calming down I felt a lack of attention on my part :)

My day started off pumping, feeding one with one hand and burping the other over my shoulder with the other hand and ended with words like bradycardia and cardio myopathy.

It started Saturday night. I was slowly drifting off in to this sweet, soft sleep when I noticed the skin on my head, neck and back were contracting with my heart. (I liken it to a headache when the skin on your head feels like it constricts with the pounding.....same feeling but no pain)
It was just a peaceful, but odd feeling and the rhythm was helping me fall asleep.
I found myself counting my heart rate and the tightening and noticed it seemed slow.
I counted it twice and my resting heart rate was 31. I felt like it was slow, but what do I know....I mean, I'm still alive. The next night, same thing. This time it was 36. I woke J up and told her to count her heart rate. 69. I decided to give the doctor a call in the morning to see if this was a post partum issue.
My doctor was out Monday and the nurse didn't seem to think it was much to be concerned with and told me she would talk to Dr. Hottie in the morning and call me.
I guess that the nurse called me back at 8 am on the dot should have tipped me off.
She wanted me to come in and have my vitals taken. I agreed to go to an instacare close and down the street. I tried to explain to her that, this was something that happened at night when I am totally relaxed and that going in during the day wouldn't show them anything. My heart rate always seems fine during the day.

I got ready, fed and pumped and ran out the door. Blood pressure 113/68, pulse ox 98, temp. 73.8, HR (heart rate) 43.
What the hell. The monitor went off and the doctor standing there asked if I felt ok. I said, yes...I'm still alive. :)

I'm currently without a Primary Care Physician so Dr. Hottie suggested I get some tests run. today.
I didn't like the urgency and what was once just a silly slow heart rate started worrying me.
I was told to go to the ER. They did an EKG, ran some labs and hooked me up to a 24hr monitor.

Now you have to know, marathon runners have slow heart rates. The doctor who saw me in the ER said that his heart rate was usually slow and that he too would get in the low 30's sometimes. He rides his bike 6 miles a day.
He asked if I worked out ? :) hee hee.....I told him that I had just worked out for the last 9 months. That as out of shape as I am, my heart is in SUPER good shape.
My heart rate ranged from 40-50 the whole time I was there. Which I didn't understand because I felt nervous and anxious through some of the process.
The monitor kept sounding off and I was like.....deep down there is this little marathon runner trying to come out !!!

I have to follow up with a cardiologist for an ecocardiogram.
The ER doctor said that he thinks everything is fine but that they have to cross all of their T's. I agreed.

The guy who hooked me up to my 24 hour monitor of course tells me about a woman last year who had a baby and died 6 months later. Dude...why do you say this kind of shit.

Guess what though ? I took pictures !! :) Oh yes I did. What's a story without pictures !

There is nothing REALLY wrong with me...I just needed some attention ;)
NO, my upper lip isn't all sweaty and shiny, I must apparently still have that pregnancy glow.















Monitors going off. The top number (green) 41 was my heart rate.
















And here I am, with a strap on device....(one I'm not so familiar with) The monitor hangs around my neck and beans the heads of my babies each time I bend over to pick them up.
It is recording EVERY last heart beat. The white above my shirt is tape holding down the leads....I guess I can thank them for the free chest wax later.

















All of this for the Doctor to say...."Like you, your heart is freakishly strong." :)
You have read this article with the title Beacause I needed the attention !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/08/beacause-i-needed-attention.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Beacause I needed the attention !"