Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Life is Good!

I'm tripping out! I guess I'm still in shock that I'm pregnant, of course I'll feel ten million times more so when the blood test comes back positive. I also know that the first trimester is extremely critical. It dawned on me that this cycle might not work and that thought absolutely crushed me, but I've heard about many younger women who had three rounds of IVFs before it finally worked. I'm going to try not to focus on the risks anymore and soley focus on the JOY and remain in utter amazement that my home pregnancy tests have shown positive. YIPEE! I've been reading the do's and don'ts after having an embryo transfer and one thing that really surprises me is that you not only CAN NOT have intercourse, but you CAN NOT have orgasms either>>>until you are TEN weeks pregnant! That blows my mind! I wonder if that's TRUE! TEN weeks seems a little excessive! Tina's so by the book too...she's on board with making sure I do what's best for the making of the baby. She cracks me up. I told her about my Caesar Salad yesterday and what I read about the raw egg and she was devastated. Then, I spoke to my sister Heather and she told me that unless it's a five star restaurant they use premixed salad dressing that doesn't have raw egg. She's had three pregnancies, which makes her very knowledgeable. Everytime I'm worried about something, she always calms me down. Her doctor told her that all cheese made in the United States has been homogenized, so not to worry about Feta and soft cheeses as long as it was made in the US. Still, I'd rather not eat anything suspect just for piece of mind. My dog jumped out of the car today and smashed my ovary, which didn't really hurt me, but I thought "I hope that didn't just knock my baby off the walls of my uterus!" I am reminded everyday of the sensitivity of this process and I don't want to blow it. It would be so easy to forget to put on my estrogen patch or miss my evening progesterone shot or forget to take my multivitamin or baby aspirin, however, Tina and I are completely dedicated and I am completely obsessed. I am in AHH of my doctor. She is a total genius.  When Tina started giving me my shots she said,"I don't know how they figured this out, but this is the perfect recipe."    
You have read this article with the title Life is Good!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/08/life-is-good.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Life is Good!"