Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Toe Hair


I'm sitting in the glider feet up on the ottoman both boys in tote. Syd climbs up and is sitting on my legs turned towards my feet.
I'm exhausted and with my head back staring in to space I hear Syd begin, "Mommy what's this?"
"What's what honey ?"
"What's this?" Syd points to my big toe
"It's mommy's toe honey."
"No-uw, what's t-h-i-s ?"
I look down again and see her finger pointing to the coif of hair I have been growing since Friday on my thumb toe.
Feeling a slight amount of judgement it took me a minute to realize that I was talking to a 2 year old....someone who didn't know that stubbly black hair growing from a woman's toe was considered repulsive and very unattractive.
"It's hair babe."
"Hair?" Syd says a little confused.
"yip, hair" I repeat.
"oh", after a brief pause, "mama, it's ok"

All of these feelings came flooding to the surface. Was now a good time to break it to her. That not only will she inherit the "toe hair", but has a good chance of obtaining the boobs, stretch marks, moles, butt, that one little whisker on my chin.
I looked at this beautiful little girl, flawless, full of life, full of possibilities.
"When you get bigger, you will have toe hair too" I said.
Because screw that.....I WISH someone would have warned me too.

Later I was sitting on the couch feeding Spencer and I felt Sydney playing at my feet...she leans down and kisses the top of my toe...something she does if you have an owie. She then moves over to my other foot and kisses that toe too.
I'm glad that she was able to come to grips with her lot in life already.
That's my girl.
You have read this article toe hair with the title Toe Hair. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/02/toe-hair.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Toe Hair"