Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

More observations

My little Sydney has been FULL of questions and observations.
We've had this discussion before, but today there was real thought behind the questions.

Let me set this up for you. I'm standing over Spencer at the changing table. Sydney has crawled up on the side of it, as she so often does, and is watching me.
"mama, what's that?" putting her finger ON Spencer's penis.
"that's a penis honey"
"a penis ?" she asks.
"Yes, please don't touch it" I move her hand away.
"what's this ?" she now points to his sack.
I had to think of how to answer this one....balls, sack, "those are his testicles, babe." I decided to be anatomically correct.
"his testicles" she confirms with exact pronunciation.
"yip". I discard the diaper and begin putting a clean nappy on.
"mom, I had a penis when I was a little baby too."
"no honey, you've always had a vagina"
She looks at me a little pissed, like this was not ok..."a vagina ?"
"yes, that's what girls have. Spencer is a boy so he has a penis."
She then climbed down and walked off with a look on her face like she was robbed.

I finished changing Spencer and was thinking that if she were older I could explain that girls have it made. We get to bleed and have cramps, worry about yeast infections and infertility.
When I finished having this conversation with myself I think my face looked as if we were both robbed.

I can't wait for the "Kindergarten Cop" conversation to slap me in the face during pre school or dance class.
"boys have a penis, girls have a vagina"
You have read this article with the title More observations. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/02/more-observations.html. Thanks!

No comment for "More observations"