Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Sickly in Seattle

That moment to exhale, to relax, hang, dine, shop. It didn't happen.
My wife gave me bronchitis. Oh yes she did.
As the plane dropped several thousand feet in to Seattle, someone sitting behind me took a pair of scissors in both hands and jammed them in to each of my ears. Or that's how I imagined it. The pain was so intense that I closed my eyes and dug my fingers in to and around my ears trying to massage away some of the pressure.
I felt like I was in a tunnel for the next several hours and after that was more of a blur of coughing attacks, and near death hacking.
By the next morning my voice was gone and my eyes were blood shot.....(blood from the small capillaries that had burst in my eyes, and shot from the feeling of my eye balls being shot out of their sockets each time I coughed)
I didn't make it to the dinner that night, but instead saved up my energy to go out for some drinks with everyone. Priorities, priorities.
25 work people, 6 of us were gay.....where did we go...THE GAY BARS !!!! WOO HOO !
It's funny to soberly sit and watch a bunch of straight people dancing all up on each other....because hey, when in Rome. I kept thinking, you are all going to wake up tomorrow with regret and humiliation looming over your heavy hungover heads, and will have to face these people at work on Monday. God, I'm glad I'm sober.
The eye contact was but a quick flicker and a brief smile at breakfast the next morning. :) ha ha ha
Shit closes down early in Seattle. I thought it being a bigger city, and not Utah for hell sakes, that you could find a drug store open at 11 pm in the city. Not so much.
I was asking the bartenders, front desk, the nice security guy...all of them for Musinex.
Needless to say, I checked my groove in on my plane out of Salt Lake City and it was apparently lost en route.

The kids did fine. Spencer was and still is a mama's boy. I don't know when they will be willing to take him again :) He was very needy.
Cameron did fantastic. My sister-in-law cried when she dropped him off. Cameron also came home with pink eye again....on to the Amoxacillin.
Sydney had A BLAST at her grandma and papa's house.
My mom was putting her down for her nap....finished reading her a book and kissed her forehead. Sydney says, "Grandma, you're my best friend"
It makes me so proud and happy when she says stuff like that. I can't stand how much I love my kids. I missed them very much.

Now....THE LAUNDRY !!!!
You have read this article musinex / seattle / the kids with the title Sickly in Seattle. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/02/sickly-in-seattle.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Sickly in Seattle"