Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Happy New Year!!!!

Here's to 2011!!!!

2010 was such a GREAT year for me...I got engaged....I went to Winter CHA 2010....I was published TWICE in Paper Crafts Magazine plus so much more!  I'm truly thankful for the life that I have and look forward to what 2011 brings...

This is a ginormously long post so get ready:)

I wanted to start off the New Year with the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger, Strictly Stripes:


I was inspired by the:

 texture
the colors
 and
the stripes...


I decided to zig zag inbetween the various stripes of Stampin' Up cardstock...I picked zig zagging to kind of emulate the knitting...the sentiment is ala SRM...The card is 3.5 x 3.5 inches...

I went through my 2010 blog posts and picked out my favs for each month and thought that I'd share them with you...

January:


Oooohhhhh Aimes.....this one is for you!

February:


Seriously, you HAD to know that there would be at least ONE card with Cosmo Cricket goodness on it...

March:


I think this card meant more to me because I finally dehoarded that wonderful Melissa Frances frame...I'm working hard to dehoard ladies...

April:


I made this for a good friend of mine who is a quilter....this is probably one of my most heavily stitched cards...

May:


For those that know me...I'm a coffee-a-holic and had to include a coffee themed card...how fitting that it uses images from 2 Seattle based stamp companies...A Muse and DeNami Designs!

June:


In June 2010 I started to scrapbook again....this one is of my lovely girl {pic taken and altered by my boy}

I actually picked 2 for June...this is my first layout that I did in 2010....


My Boy!

July:


Of course I needed a layout of me and the man...I saw this quote on Design Crush and knew that it was perfect:

"And then my soul saw you and it kind of went "Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you."
~unknown~

August:


Another Cosmo Goodness card....AND another Seattle based Stamp Designer...Sparkle Creations!  I picked this card for it's use of multi-patterns and paper piecing...2 things that I adore:)

September:


Ahhhh yes....another layout...this is based on what I'm thankful for...


"I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance."
~Maya Angelou~

October:

This tall card was probably one of my more labor intensive endeavors...I hand pleated the skirt and sewed each layer...I love the look and the colors...come on, you gotta love the quote!

November:


ahhhhhhh...silhouettes...love them...and I also love to use non-traditional colors...this went to a bloggie friend, Jen, who recently had a baby boy:)

December:


This is probably my most favorite Christmas card...coffee...red/blue...glitter...bling...stitching....sigh...

Thank YOU for all your support in 2010...I truly appreciate it and YOU!


What's your "one little word" for 2011?

Have you picked one?  Are you signed up for Ali's class?  I took the leap...I'm excited to start a project for 2011....it's going to be a GREAT year...I can feel it....I'll be making a fun announcement next week {can't wait!!} but back to the "one little word"...here's mine:

:::savor:::

Part of Speech: verb
Definition: delight in, enjoy

You have read this article moxie fab world / pti / srm / stampin' up with the title Happy New Year!!!!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-new-year.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Happy New Year!!!!"