Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

The Goat and the Thoroughbred !

I've heard it said to put a goat in with your thoroughbreds......the goat would take on all of the disease to keep the horses healthy.
Nate is our Goat. 
Swollan glands again.
103 fever.
Doctors appointment at 4pm.

Christmas is in 5 days.
What are the chances of him getting abscessed again ? slim to none right ?

To say that it's been a bad night and day though would be lying.
My mom called me last night and offered to babysit my kids for a few hours today so that I could go to lunch or shop or just get out of the house.
It's the first time she's ever offered and done this.
LOVE her.  Merry Christmas to me. 

****updated****
Strep came back negative.    She considered antibiotics but after talking about it we both decided against it.   Only because they didn't touch what was wrong last time and the chances of that happening again are slim.....so why give him antibiotics for something that might not need them.   She instead measured his gland and said to watch it....if it gets worse bring him back in and we'll start the antibiotics.

He was AMAZING at the doctors.  33lbs this kid weighs.  
He opened his mouth and stuck his tongue out for the doctor AND again for the nurse who swabbed him.    All he cared about was that he got an orange sucker.   (it's always, orange or blue :)  He had been on Tylenol for about an hour when we got to the doc's office.   His fever was down and he acted lots better.   Of course 30 minutes after being home again he was super sick.  aint it the way   He crawled on J's lap while I passed 2 Donkey Kong levels WOO HOO ! We just got it and it's SO ADDICTIVE.
3 hrs and 45 minutes after his Tylenol dose his fever was back up to 103.3.  :(    We gave him some Motrin and put him to bed.

Cross your fingers that he wakes up with smaller glands tomorrow.  5 more days to Christmas. That's JUST enough time to get him feeling better.
it's also JUST enough time for the others to heat up.  ugh !
Isolation room.   That's what I need.    That way when one gets sick, I can just stick him in the isom (my new name for the new room) and wait.
PLUS ALSO, I'll make it sound proof and when I'm not using it for sick kids I can just put the kids in there to play.   Yeah baby yeah !
You have read this article with the title The Goat and the Thoroughbred !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/12/goat-and-thoroughbred.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Goat and the Thoroughbred !"