Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

December 13th, 2010...it happened.

Nathan comes running down the hall, naked, "yi-an did it"
I had just taken them both from the tub wrapped them in towels and realized I was short a pair of pants.   Mistake number 1.   I left them both on my bed.  in towels.  with the basket of lotions, creams and q-tips on my dresser while I ran MAYBE 20 feet to get the pants.
There isn't a mistake number 2.  if you were wondering.  It only takes 1 mistake when you have a kid like Ryan. :)

"Ryan did what Nathan ?"  both of us now heading to my bedroom.   Nathan turning every few steps checking to make sure I was following him, arm extended finger pointed towards my room repeating, "Yi-an mama, Yi-an did it"
As I entered my room Ryan was squatted over a large open container of Eucerin and had his fingers full of the super coating salve.
We made eye contact...he ran, to a corner, oh ye are a little fool....I ran after him fast and was able to snatch him up before he could cower down in the corner which would then unintentionally (this time) get the eucerin all over my floor.
I wiped his hands off on the towel and quickly surveyed the room and couldn't see a thing.   Had I in fact caught him in time ?  Could this be a miracle of timing AND tattling ?
"look mom, Yi-an did it"  Nathan pointing to the toddler bed against one wall.   There, a small smear of Eucerin.   on wood.   NO PROBLEM.   I used the same towel and wiped it off.
"look mom, Yi-an did it"  Nathan pointing to the OTHER toddler bed against the OTHER wall.   Yet another smear of Eucerin.    I wiped it up.  My eyes were now darting around so fast I got dizzy...trying to find more smears.   Finally, Nathan looked up at me, head tilted, eyes lifted, lips turned up on one side, "look"  there on my bed was the last of the mess.   Not bad, but on my blanket and there was a bit more.   I hated wasting it so I scrapped what I could off and lifted Ryan back on the bed and said, "you little shit"   Nathan was already hoisting himself up and said in total agreement, "yeah, shit Yi-an"

I'd say I've done DAMN good considering it's been 6 almost 7 years without one of my children swearing.
Nice right.
Well, I suppose there was that chance with Cam and Spence....and maybe we just couldn't understand them.  but I don't think so.   ha ha
So on December 13th, 2010....one of my kids swore their first swear word.  and gratefully, it was shit.

He hasn't said it again...but now, whenever Nathan does something wrong.  and he does his fair share...he now comes to me with that same crooked face and says, "Yi-an did it"    Such a little shit.
both of them. :)


You have read this article with the title December 13th, 2010...it happened.. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/12/december-13th-2010it-happened.html. Thanks!

No comment for "December 13th, 2010...it happened."