See. I'm telling you. I have the worst kind of timing when it comes to writing. You are all thrilled to know what is happening and it's no big thing.
We, me my mom and Syd, have tickets to go see Radio City music Christmas Spectacular, starring the Rockettes, tomorrow. (my feet are jogging and I am squealing so high the dog behind us is barking:)
Background : It all started with Annie. I saw that movie when I was 8. Annie was 8. You see where I'm going with this.
I LOVED it. I LOVED the songs and the characters and Grace Farrell. and I dreamed she was my new mom and that she would hug me and dance with me and that they would lift me in the air and spin me in fabric and have a circus carnival in my new backyard with fireworks.
It was the first movie that I memorized every single word of. I can still to this day repeat it, also including background lines....like the people walking down the street and the kids playing on the street.
I could watch that movie and then rewind it and watch it again and again. I have never gotten sick of it.
Any ways....because of my love for Annie, came my love for the Rockettes and the whole opening song and dance at Radio City Music Hall.
My first trip to NY was topped off by seeing pictures of the Rockettes outside of Radio city Music. Knowing that I was standing at a building where they performed...and that they had also performed on Annie. OH MY GAW MARSHA.
I have heard that the rockettes were also the maids that danced in the show as well. I could be wrong...but that's what I had heard.
I was in high school when I took this trip to NY. It wasn't as if I was 10. I'm still a huge Annie fan to this day. It had such an impact on me. Syd loves it too, which has been a dream come true for me.
That she could sing the entire "Tomorrow" song when she was 2 years and 4 months old should speak volumes. :)
Sooooo. it is no secret that seeing the Rockettes live has been a dream for me.
I hope the show doesn't disappoint. We have 12th row seats on the floor. Pray for short people in front of us.
I'll be sure to take pictures. I'm dressing up like Annie.
naaaaah. Just kidding.
I'm dressing Sydney up as Annie.
:-)
I know it's been 2 years since having the babies....and this is the time I normally get all pregnant and shit. And I know that I've put on like 10 lbs....but just to squash any rumors that might be flying around. We are not now nor ever going to be pregnant again.
I've had my tubes tied. Jan is on birth control and we always use a condom.
You can never be too safe.
ha ha ha
You have read this article with the title The reveal...dun dun. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/11/revealdun-dun.html. Thanks!
No comment for "The reveal...dun dun"
Post a Comment