Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

If you have followed me for long, you know that I am a stay at home mama.  I enjoy crafting, scrapbooking, and photography.  Sometimes in the arena of scrapbooking and crafting, I have felt like I don't have the money to get all the latest and greatest products on the market.  And I don't!!  Because of being on a strict budget with only one income, I have starting making handmade decorations more often.  Such as for Lucas' birthday I did handmade banners which are simple and cheap, seeing as how I already had thread and scrapbooking paper!!
I have come across some things at the dollar store this week that I will be using for Isabelle's birthday party coming up.  It is December 5th!!! The last three months of the year are extremely busy for me.  Lucas' bday, my birthday, my nephews, Isabelle's and Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas!  Seems like I'm not finding much time to do anything else(scrapbooking).  I get a little here and there, so I'm not complaining.  Look at this pretty Kraft paper you can get on rolls at the Dollar Tree!!  25 sq ft for a dollar.  That's pretty good considering you can use it for a multitude of projects...whether it be wrapping gifts, spreading across kids' tables to make a little tablecloth(which i will be doing), or using it in scrapbooking.  you can't beat that!
I picked up two rolls with the little stars on it for Izzy's bday party.  The theme will be a fairy tea party, so this will go beautifully with it.
And i went ahead and picked up some tissue paper to try to make pom pom decorations too.  I say try because I've never done it and it looks too easy to me.  Usually if something is easy, I find a way to make it harder!!   But here's to trying:)
There is really so much you can do cheap.  It may have taken me a while to realize that.
I may start doing more posts of how to make decorations or scrapbooking cheap!!  Cause who couldn't use a little help and not spend so much on supplies?
Anyone have any good tips on making tissue paper pom poms???  If so I would appreciate it!
Love, Jess
You have read this article with the title . You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/11/if-you-have-followed-me-for-long-you.html. Thanks!

No comment for " "