

















We packed in the parties today! It was a beautiful sunny day. First we went to Ava and Ayden's 3rd birthday party and Carly got crazy in the BOUNCE HOUSE! She's never wanted a thing to do with bounce houses until today.
After that we went to pride. The Gay Straight advisor has been encouraging me to become more involved with the kids. He asked if I would design buttons for them, which gave me an excuse to go to a couple of the meetings. It made me feel good to show my support. Then the advisor suggested that I bring my family to pride. I thought about it and decided we should do it. I always wished I had a gay role model when I was young. So, we walked up to the booth today and I introduced Tina as my wife and Carly as our daughter. We got such a warm welcome! The kids were thrilled! It was so sweet. The club president asked me what it was like to be a gay teacher at our school and I told him that I love our school and I love being a teacher, but I am cautious. I'm not sure how some of my colleages would take it.
Tina and I felt good about our decision to show our support today, but I can't help wondering how this is going to impact my job. I wonder how long it will take before students are giggling in class, asking me if its true or not that I am a lesbian. Or how long it will take before my boss starts to treat me differently. It was a scary decision coming out to the gsa students today, but I believe it was the right thing to do.
After pride, we went to another birthday party for little Chelsea! She turned 3 also and had a Dora the Explorer Bounce House at her party! It was a blast. We are wiped out from a great day.
You have read this article with the title Two Birthday Parties and a PRIDE FESTIVAL!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/10/two-birthday-parties-and-pride-festival.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Two Birthday Parties and a PRIDE FESTIVAL!"
Post a Comment