






Here's a message from Tina:
Feeling a bit down. My dog Roxy has Cushings Disease. The pituitary or possibly adrenal glands are producing too much steroid into her body. There is a benign tumor in one of those glands, one is operable and both can be treated with strong meds. Still doing my research. She looks healthy, she has had some hair loss in her tail and drinking more water which raised the red flag to do the blood tests. Give your pets a big hug you never know. If you see me on a corner spinning signs for $ you will know why.:)
Tina just read on the internet that dogs with Cushing's live for only about two years even with treatment. It says treatment doesn't extend their live only makes them more comfortable. It also says that if the medication isn't given correctly an even worst disease can occur! YIKES! Totally sucks. She's such a sweet girl. We're going to take her to a specialist for an ultrasound that will let us know what our next steps will be. We're going to take good care of her and give her tons of love. She's going to be okay. My boy Spence has a STAFF infection in his ears along with a yeast problem! YIKES! POOR GUY! I kept getting this generic ear medicine, no wonder it wasn't working.
Carly has to stay home tomorrow because Miss A has the flu! Tina's going to be home for the morning and then we can drop her off at Baby Jay's house until I get off work. Now that Miss A told me about her flu it makes me feel like I'm getting it too! What the heck IS THAT! I remember feeling nauseated this morning too after eating part of my sandwich wrap. I actually had to stop eating which NEVER happens. Then I'm recalling that I got a flu shot last year around this time. EEKKK. What's worse is to imagine Carly with the stomach flu!
Guess what just happened!!! I looked up from my computer and saw a MOUSE sitting right outside our sliding glass door. I thought it was just hanging out, but the poor little guy was dying! Orkin did their job apparently. Tina and I had to move it away from our dogs and let it be in peace.
Carly's New Words..
THANKS, WOW, NO WAY, MOM, singing melodies to songs...
PS Good thing we bought NON TOXIC Crayons! :) It was so difficult getting that green crayon out of Carly's molar! :)
You have read this article with the title Roxy has Cushing's :(. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/10/roxy-has-cushing.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Roxy has Cushing's :("
Post a Comment