Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

DIY

Before I show off my latest home improvement project I have to share the conversation that is going on behind me right now.

Spencer : Cam, I love you.  
Cam : I just want to play with that claw
Spence : Cam, when you are mean I don't want to share my claw
Cam : I won't be mean
Spence : You won't be mean.  and you won't throw books at me.  and you won't hit me with that guy
Cam : No.  I won't hit you ever again.
Spence : and you won't call me stupid and throw stuff at me
Cam : No.  I won't call you stupid or throw things at your head
Spence : If you're mean we'll leave you at the store and then you'll never come home (WTH)
Cam : I'm not staying at the store
Spence : yes huh Cam.  we will leave you there if you are mean
Cam : No-oh.  Mommy J will pick me up and I will get to ride in her truck
Spence : Not if you're mean Cam.  Are you going to be mean anymore
Cam : No
Spence : ok, you can have 1 turn with my claw
Cam : 2
Spence : ok

I love them.   I love that they have each other.....they really are the best of friends.

J left for Florida for 4 days and I decided to surprise her.....aka paint and start some projects because she told me I couldn't.   :)
I was most excited about making the headboard.   We had our bed framed with curtains before and the kids pulled those down....so for weeks I was faced with this ugly room.   I couldn't take it any more.    My whole damn house is kid friendly/adult repulsive.    They have scratched, stained, ruined just about every wall, floor and piece of furniture in this house.   I'm fine with it.   I know that one day there will come a day that we can start over and slowly rebuild when the kids aren't beating the shit out of everything....but I needed someplace that could be my sanctuary.   and since we share our bedroom like the rest of the house with the children I decided to start there.  I know.  it doesn't make sense.  getting the babies out of our room will be my next goal...but with only 2 bedrooms upstairs and children that are scared of the basement....I don't know when that will be changing any time soon.  ugh.
blah blah blah.  on to my project.
I wanted to build a covered headboard for my room and purchased all of the needed ingredients while J was gone and at work :)  once again....what was she gonna say. 
She was only semi pleased with all of my effort and then this weekend she and I worked side by side to bring it to a close
before
after
.
You can find the directions to DIY here.   It turned out just like I wanted and luckily J is just has happy with it.
Now.....for my next project :) ha ha ha  JK honey.


 
You have read this article with the title DIY. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/09/diy.html. Thanks!

No comment for "DIY"