Let me just say that I really truly believe that Family is so important. I know everyone has a fabulous ...... or not so fabulous story to tell about their family....I know some of you know bits a pieces about me but I am enjoying revisiting these moments in time and I am very thankful to have the life I have. Growing up was just me and my mom....and a couple of step-dads, 5 younger sisters and my grandparents. My grandparents I feel led me down the path I am on today. They were my strength and security but since my grandfather past away a year and a half ago, I feel a major break in our family ties. We will get it back. I think we are all just trying to figure out who we are without him cause he held us all together, wether some want to admit it or not! I have faith that one day my mom and I will speak again but until then....I am a mom and life goes on. My # 1 priority is making sure history does not repeat itself and that my children grow up knowing I love them so very much.
Here is the layout I did of my mom...A few years ago we took family pictures in front of my grandparents house. They have lived their all my life. One of the pictures was a generation picture.......My Mom, My Grandma, Myself and my daughter. We are standing in front of a huge oak tree that is in their front yard. My grandma used to lye down a blanket and fix us the best picnic lunches....In this very spot, right in front of this tree.
On the layout above with the four generations. I only used 2 layers of Prima flower and I added the bottle cap and button to the center.
There is a story to tell of how my mom and dad met, how I came along and why they decided to not get married and part ways.....But each story they tell is different...So for the sake of not forming the wrong opinions I just leave it at....To each their own and life goes on.
My dad and I met for the first time when I was 16 then not again til I was 23....then only a few times after that. I am glad to be getting to know him now. I could wish for things to be different but I truly believe I would not be where I am today if the path had changed along the way. Life happens as it should and I would not change a thing. I am happy and I had my grandfather { who is not my moms biological father} He was my father figure...He was a voice of wisdom...He was there to pick up the pieces when I was hurting. He was all the things a father is and more. Now you are beginning to see why the family tree might get a little crazy.... After 10 years my husband still gets confused when I try to talk about my family. The branches of our tree are all over the place.
Here is my layout of my dad and I. A friend took these pictures a few years back. Hmmmmm, guess who I look like??? Oh, you think. Yep. I look like my dad....All the way. We laugh about the side shot cause it shows our giant noses. Thanks a lot dad. LOL.
I love Prima flowers....I used the whole flower in the layout of My Dad and I....
Hope you can join in the challenge. Have a great week!
You have read this article with the title My Lifetime Story Challenge #4.....My Parents. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-lifetime-story-challenge-4my-parents.html. Thanks!
No comment for "My Lifetime Story Challenge #4.....My Parents"
Post a Comment