I came across a nifty challenge blog and decided to give it a try. It is called Mission Create. You are given 5 different criteria to create a layout. You have to include atleast 3 in YOUR layout. I loved doing this challenge cause I could do whatever I wanted and with the 5 criterias you have to follow it makes you get creative and use up stuff you forgot you had. Here is mine....I used all 5 criteria. Rub-ons, Paint, Curved title, Red, Turqouise and White and stitching.
I painted the turqouise butterflies and stitched the body and antennas. I used ghost letters for the title but painted them the same color of the butterflies and curved the rest of the title using rub-ons, I used rub-ons for the swirls under the butterflies and the red on the top right of the picture and the bottom of the picture. I stitched around the whole photo in red. I think that sums up all the criteria. Fun, Fun,Fun! The picture I messed with and over edited on purpose. It is a picture of Jasin in Arkansas. He is such a great Husband, Father and he is my best friend. He is the LOVE of my life!
Remember the paper and picture I had on my table in my scrappy space...Played around with it today and here it is!
I can't tell you what I am doing in this picture but I am 4 years old. When I was growing up my grandmother always had her sewing machine full steam ahead. We had the best dressed Barbies in to whole wide world. She crocheted, crafted, quilted and just about anything. I always sat at her feet and watched and grabbed any scraps I could get. I have pieces of fabric that she sewed and cut off the scraps and then I took a needle and thread and sewed by hand on the scrap. She always had some fun project for us. I used to make mini books full of rainbow pictures or birds or whatever I wanted. She put me in art classes and taught me to sew. Good memories. This picture reminds me of those times. I used an old measure tape and hand stitched on the bottom and left my needle in the page....on purpose. I used a piece of basic gray paper that came in my Jenni Bowlin kit this month. I just cut it up. A lot. The lady and the little child picture is from a childs math book from the 50's. I know I should not be ripping pages out of the book, but it is going to good use. Anything I have found at flea markets I look at this way.....Someone got rid of it cause they did not want it.....It has a story to tell but nobody to tell it anymore....So when I get my hands on it I am giving it new life, a new home and new meaning. I love using vintage stuff for this reason....I sure do wish I knew the stories though.
Have a great week. Hugs and love, Amy
You have read this article with the title Me and Mission Create!!!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/01/me-and-mission-create.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Me and Mission Create!!!"
Post a Comment