I'm rocking Nathan who decided that he didn't want to be asleep. J came up around 8pm and said..."he's not going to sleep, just bring him down...he can play in the playroom while we watch the movie."
I very quietly bit her head off saying something super sweet like, "Whatever ! he won't play he'll eat my popcorn and bug me, and I won't be able to hear the movie....just forget it....I'll just rock him...it just pisses me off that when we plan a movie night and everyone participates but one and I'm stuck with him."
J, walks back in the room..."what did you say ?"
Me. "fuh, nothing. just go !"
hee hee hee
ok. so...I'm rocking him and rocking him and like 20 minutes later I'm still rocking him.....but I'll be damned if I'm going to take him downstairs and let the wife win so I keep on a rocking him.
I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep so that he doesn't play....and then I peek every so often to see if he is sleeping.
He was very relaxed but his eyes were wide open.
All of a sudden he started twitching. You know, jolting like when they first start going to sleep and feel lke they are falling so they jump. Only he kept flinching. and I was thinking...is he asleep ?....so I peeked at him, but his eyes were still open.
His body kept jolting and I kept thinking...what the hell ? So now I'm looking at him. It's dark, but I can see is eyes just starring forward. I couldn't figure out what was happening and then it stopped and he sat up and grabbed a hold of my shirt and laid on my chest. It felt like a long time but in reality it was probably only 20 seconds.
I went downstairs with him and sat him up on my hip and told J, "I think Nathan just had a seizure"
I explained what happened and we both sat there perplexed. He started pointing and talking so I walked in, shut the door and stood him up on the floor to go play.
He was super shaky. Like when a baby wakes up before it's time and their whole little bodies shake. He was doing that. So we both just watched him and he gathered his footing and started for the POPCORN ! (I knew he would) and acted like nothing happened. like he was fine.
We turned on our movie and after dealing with Syd's night terror (yes they are back...went away for a week and have been back since. not quite as bad though) which woke up Ryan. Which then took both J and I away to deal with a kid each. Which left Nathan free to run and tip over J's diet coke everywhere and then he ran upstairs to wake up the older boys. ugh.
We finally got done watching the movie at 11:30 pm.
Nathan, still up and kicking cried for a while. We tried ignoring him (remember he's in our room) and then we finally put him in bed with us. He climbed down, get up, climb down, J said, "no, this is not a game", so he ran to my side, get up, climbed down, get up, climbed down...try and get up....I stopped helping...cried "down" I ignored him....cried "down"...I was so tired and done at this point said, "it's up asshole" and hoisted him on the bed. J couldn't stop laughing, and of course I was laughing, which started Nathan laughing...because he didn't know what it was that he did, but whatever it was it was funny, so maybe if I jump up and fall on my toosh it will be funny too. No. not funny. "go to sleep" he did. at midnight.
The babies have their 18 month appointment on the 5th, so I wondered if we could talk to the doctor then about the seizure and just watch him...or if we needed to come in sooner.
They wanted to see him today so that it could be documented. We go in tonight at 6pm.
I sure hope this was just a one time thing. He's not sick, well besides the tail end of a cold...no fever. Weird.
Any ways. I have movies to review as it is MOVIE MONDAY !!!
Finn's girl - A movie about a doctor who's partner had just died of breast cancer. It doesn't tell you that until 1/2 way through the movie...but I don't think I'm spoiling anything by telling you. you know she's dead.
The partner is raising their VERY spirited 11 year daughter...they conceived her together although it seems it was a known donor and he's a part of her life too.
The mom works at an abortion clinic and is threatened all of the time.
The movie is about how the mom deals with the death of her partner, new life with other women, her daughter and the clinic.
My opinion. It was slooooooooooooooooow. It wasn't that it was so so bad. Maybe it didn't help with all of the interruptions going on. I mean, Nathan was crawling over us, trying to tip stuff over, trying to open the door etc.the ENTIRE movie. After it was over I asked J what she thought. She said, "I didn't hate it, but it was really slow."
D.E.B.S - It's like Clueless meets Charlie's Angels meets star trek meets Mad TV. It's about a school for private eyes. They save the world one bad guy at a time. These 4 girls are the lead team. They are after a master mind criminal who just happens to be this hot lesbian.
That's all I'm saying.
My opinion. I don't know how it is that I have never seen this movie. I have never laughed so hard at a lesbian movie. It is HILARIOUS ! I kept saying to J, "what is this movie...it's freaking me out!" and it did....it freaked me out. but it was good...right ? I mean, it's so off, but it was good.
So watch it.
Bobbie's Girl - This is one that we've seen before, but I didn't have listed. It stars none other than Bernadette Peters (who I LOVE) She and her partner inherit her partners nephew after his parents were killed in a car wreck. He is THE sweetest little boy and you won't NOT be able to fall madly in love with him. and his eyes.
They own a bar and parents they are not....but he is theirs so they try to make the best of it.
He goes through the death of his parents whle the partner deals with breast cancer.
Bernadette Peters is a rock star lesbian. Great movie.
My opinion - Rent this movie. It's great.
Aimee and Jaguar - Another one that I had seen but FOR SURE needed to list. Such a beautiful story about a Jewish woman, hiding under a false name who falls in love with a married with 4 kids German woman. She has the chance to leave and get someplace safe when they are close on her tail but chooses to stay through the end of the war with her lovely Lilly.
My opinion - This is a GREAT movie. Beautiful acting...I think it is subtitled, but it didn't even bother me. Must see. (oh and me thinks it was based on a true story ?? Not sure. probably several)
I hope everyone is keeping track. :)
You have read this article Movie Monday
with the title It happened one night...... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/01/it-happened-one-night.html. Thanks!
No comment for "It happened one night....."
Post a Comment