Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Everything's better with the word Spa in it.

I had a sore tooth.   Made an appointment with our new Dentist.  side note: I haven't been in 7 years.
Went.  it's abscessed.   soooo.  I had the best experience evah !!   
This new dental office is the best !  It ROCKS !
Let me just give you a run down of what happens.
It's called the Sugarhouse Dental spa.  (Dr. Graham (801) 466-6645‎)  after you are finished reading you will need this information to set your next appointment (I believe they except most insurances)
OMGAW MARSHA !
So you go in and someone very pleasantly comes in all positive with all of this light energy (whatever the hell that means) and takes you to a room with massage chairs.   They offer you a plethora of drinks (cappuccino, flavored coffees, any kind of tea, water...no alcohol...I asked) They hand you your paper work and you sit and let the chair do all of the work while you fill it out.
They have the typical spa music playing.  You forget that you are there to have your teeth worked on.   I kept thinking I was getting a pedicure or a leg wax.
Then someone comes and calls your name.  They walk you over to a pan full of paraffin wax to dip your hands into.   They cover them with plastic and 2 big cloth mitts.   They lead you to the dentists chair.
The spa music changes to Jazzy music.  They offered me a cool or a hot mask for my eyes.  I chose the hot mask.
Without moving x-rays were taken.   The dentist (I just wrote dentits.. ha ha :) came in and asked what was bothering me.     He left to check out my x-rays.   My teeth were then buffed and polished.
He came back in and confirmed the abscess.   Nothing else.  NOTHING.  in 7 years not a cavity.  and I DON'T FLOSS !!!!  wait.  I just used my inside voice.  I mean...I totally floss and brush 3 times a day and am not nasty or have halitosis or nothin'.
So then the hygienist comes in and started poking at my gums.  Not fun really.  Not MISERABLE...but not super comfortable.   She told me it might get a little more rough and offered me a prescription mouthwash that numbs the gums.....you know, just to make me more comfortable.   and it was more comfortable.
and I was happy.  they took my blood pressure 111/62 which I have to say would have been even lower if they didn't take it in the middle of the plaque removal procedure. they swapped out my eye mask a couple of times and THEN.
The girl comes back in and instead of making a balloon animal of my choice.  She replaced the eye mask with a wet hot washcloth.  She rubbed oil on my temples and then gave me an amazing jaw, forehead and neck massage.  
After THAT was over.  She took the mitts off of my hands and massaged my hands while removing the plastic bag and wax off of both hands.
My next cleaning isn't for 6 months and DAMN IT I wished I could go back in 2.   
Seriously.  I don't like the dentist.   SO much so that I haven't been in 7 years.  Well that and a lack of insurance.
OH AND....if you don't have insurance and go in for a cleaning and x-rays.....it's only $100.00.

My mouth isn't numb anymore and my teeth are slippery when wet and to top it all off I wiped red. (sigh) I swear it's because of the special oils and massage. :)
Today is a GOOD day !  I made it through another hell week.  and other than having to now schedule a root canal with no paraffin wax or herbal calming oils on my temples.....life is a-ok.


   
You have read this article with the title Everything's better with the word Spa in it.. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/01/everything-better-with-word-spa-in-it.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Everything's better with the word Spa in it."