I painted a gold border on the backside of a hambly overlay and placed that on top of some patterned paper. Then continued the overlay design with a white sharpie on top of the Van Gogh self-portrait. I also used some happy tape at the bottom of the self-portrait, and popped out the photo of singer Don McLean with pop-dots for some extra dimension. The lyrics are done with Sharpie Poster Paint Pens.I've loved this song since it first came out when I was a kid. The beautiful and sad poetry of the lyrics are what first got me interested in the life and art of Van Gogh. Altho I knew the song was written about Vincent Van Gogh; I did not know the back story of how McLean came to write it; so I did some checking, and found out at McLean's website.
Here's a video of the song "Vincent" which showcases some of Van Gogh's paintings. Aren't they beautiful?!!!
Don't forget to check Marit's blog for the other participants layouts! They are all so beautiful!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I will be back tomorrow with my last layout of the challenge!
You have read this article with the title Two More Days of the Top 2000 Countdown.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/12/two-more-days-of-top-2000-countdown.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Two More Days of the Top 2000 Countdown..."
Post a Comment