Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

New and improved !

This will be I think the most random of all posts.   (there is a secret decoder message...so make sure you read the entire post and tell me what it is in comments to win a prize)

Why do companies make New and IMPROVED or Extra Strength formulas and then continue to put the old original version on the shelf.   Like I'm going to go to the shelf and see Extra Strength and say to myself "naaaah....I'll just get the original less effective stuff"

I stood next to a woman at the store the other day.   She was looking at fish sticks.  One box said $8.37 (I can't remember the actual price) and there was a box right next to it, same brand that said, "$8.37 but the box was bigger and it said 25 % more FREE !
She studied them both and then chose the smaller box.   Seriously !  Did it CONFUSE you ?  Maybe she thought it was a trick and she would have to pay for the 25 % extra. (sigh)  I suppose she just didn't need that many fish sticks.
I of course bought a box...because ANYTHING that says 25% free is a worthy buy ! 

Does anyone else get confused whilst  buying moisturizers and over the counter cold medicines ?
Lotion for example.   One says, softer skin with Aloe....and then another one says, now more moisture protection with Vitamin E.
I sit and read each label and think...well what the fuck is going to help my skin the most.....the Aloe, Vitamin E or friggin' Cocoa butter.   The thing that pisses me off the most is the SAME company will put out all of these options.   Why not put all of those skin softners in one lotion and change the flavor.
Which brings me to medicines.....there's : cough and cold, flu symptoms, runny nose....I get that they might have a little bit more of the decongestant or acetaminophen for aches but why not get the one with something for everything that might ail you.   Cheese and RICE !  I spend more time standing in front of these items than I do getting everything else picked out, paid for and loaded in to the van.   Oh how I struggle so with the little details.

There was no real reason for me to post today.  and there is no real prize.  I don't know why I said those things.  
That's where Sydney gets it. from ME !  (slapping forehead, head falls back) GAW ! I guess I'll work on that.

Here's a prize for all of you.  WONDERFUL, tested, and sure to be the best advice you've ever been given.  and to finish off this random as hell post. 
Invest in a hand held shower head.    Let me tell you why.
- It makes rinsing hair and bodies with clean water A WHOLE LOT EASIER.  No more filling and dumping cupfuls of water on their little heads.
- You can rinse the poopy toosh of a small baby off if you just need to wash the poopy toosh of a small baby off instead of the whole baby.
- When your child becomes a little more independent....they are able to hold and rinse with this (make sure to attach the holder lower so that they can in fact reach it)  That way 2, it's a more controlled spray onto their little heads and not clear above them when hanging up.
- It's WAY easier if you have animals that have to be bathed at home.
It's been the best thing we did in the kids bathroom.   Well....for now.  (more to come on that later)

Thank you for reading. 
You have read this article with the title New and improved !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-and-improved.html. Thanks!

No comment for "New and improved !"