Now I posted once about the extra padding he forgot to add to babies around the neck and head. Protection. He gave them the extra and me A LOT OF extra around the behind area for falling while learning to walk (I don't fall very often and am wondering if I couldn't donate it to a worthy cause...like about twelve 8-13 month olds) but again none around the head area. Once they stop falling they start running and usually it's right in to a table or counter corner. or bless them off of tables and counter tops. Seriously.
I think babies should start out a bit more like tadpoles and slowly grow legs and arms. Like around kindergarten.
Then they couldn't run, hit, pull stuff off of counters, table tops, desks, out of laundry baskets, drawers and climb.
There would be no throwing of their breakfast bowl, lunch and dinner plates, food by the handfuls, silverware and cups.
They wouldn't have lightening fast hands allowing them to reach down beside themselves and grab hold of the little velcro strap to their diaper that you just undid, timing it PERFECTLY as to pull when you lift their toosh up to fold the front back covering up the load of poop...that is now being dragged and thrown about the room by a 15 inch extention from their tiny bodies. That tiny little extension is causing HUGE disasters at our house.
It takes fast hands to keep up with a 1 year old. It takes super human powers to keep up after more than one.
This age is not fun. You feel like you don't EVER stop. and when one is tearing apart the dishwasher you are trying to load in record time, the other is somewhere playing in the toilet that a little newly training potty boy left open. (luckily their favorite part about going in the potty is the flushing part) and while the one in the toilet takes precedence in retrieving - the other no doubt will push a chair to the counter to start pulling off the lunch dishes that didn't make it in the dishwasher yet, still full of plenty of leftovers because there were fruits and vegetables served..oooh gross. and the dog doesn't do fruit. and doesn't have the smeller she used to and can't seem to track food that is several feet up on the wall and in between blinds. When I clean that up it is usually the time they run in and start pulling everything out of their drawers in their room....and just like mommy they throw it over the railing and down the stairs. Down the stairs where mommy JUST threw dirty laundry (3 days ago) and now I can't tell what was dirty and clean.
I don't want to rush the growing up part....but I'm ready for this stage to be over. and I'm ready for them all to be in school full time. but I'm not rushing anything.
Maybe 3rd grade. so that they can get up, get ready and feed themselves. and when I get up at noon one day.....I will think back with forgotten memories at how cute they were when they were one and how much I miss holding their little sticky, wet bodies.
Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree....you are as naked as my boys. and from the waste down too. how great is that.
2 guesses.
If you guessed thing 3 and thing 4. You were right.
They've had to move higher to reach more ornaments to remove.
I wouldn't do that mom. not me. but totally my brother. look at him biting in to that plastic ornament like it's a candy apple.
Caught red handed.
Like apples, once they are picked they are thrown. only I suppose you don't throw apples to the ground. but ornaments...yes, they are thrown to the ground at our house. like some greek, Christmas wedding celebration.
and once thrown the singing starts. "uh oooooh! uh oooooh!"
You have read this article with the title Fast hands of time !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/12/fast-hands-of-time.html. Thanks!





No comment for "Fast hands of time !"
Post a Comment