Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Out with the old, in with the new.

I DID it !  I went to a new pediatrician today.
Well it went like this.   Syd jumped off of the top of the slide and hurt her ankle last night.   I put a sock on her and said....I'm sure it's fine. (pat, pat...great mom award)
This morning, it was swollen and it hurt.  She wouldn't walk on it so I made the call.   3:30 pm was the earliest they'd see her and they don't have an x-ray machine so then I would be sent to the hospital to be seen there and in the mean time I have 4 other children being watched over.

I called a neighbor (with lots of boys and broken bones) who HIGHLY recommended her ped.  and said that she loved everyone in the clinic and that they had an x-ray machine....did stitches in office...and were open until 10pm.   Girl...you had me at hello.  :)
I called at 11am and made an appointment for...12:30pm.   Apparently the nurses assistant at my old peds office returned my call at 1 pm.   I mean.  it was only a sprain and she's fine and everything is good (the fact that she walked over and jumped up on to the x-ray table just confirmed she'd be ok...but with gymnastics I didn't want to risk really hurting her)
I just don't like the service lately that I've been given at the other office and frankly I second guess EVERYTHING they say because they've been wrong so many times or underestimated my kids or whatever it is.
Any ways.  I felt sick the whole time doing it.   Like I was cheating on my pediatrician who personally I like.   I don't know how you break up with someone like that.  
I did though.  and I am movin' on.
LOVED the new office.  They have a well patient area as well as sick kids sitting area.   They were SO helpful and friendly.  LOVED LOVED LOVED them.
Felt good.  Same approx drive time.  Maybe a few minutes longer but oh well.
(sigh)
I'm doing the right thing, right ?
sure I am.
You have read this article with the title Out with the old, in with the new.. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/10/out-with-old-in-with-new.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Out with the old, in with the new."