Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

MacDeath !

Me and the wife went to see MacBeth.  (the opera)  last night at Capital Theater.  
I gave J the quick synopsis right before it started.   We shared a bottle of wine at dinner (again, cheaper than by the glass although we should have stopped after 1 glass) and were both a little fuzzy.  I personally thought it made it much better. 
J wished someone would have ripped her eyes and ears off of her head and replaced them with  high resolution plasma panels and a satellite dish.    She was miserable.  
Did you know that they now have subtitles at Opera's ? (did you know that I just spelled Opera, Oprah, oh good hell)   I have to say that it made ALL the difference in the world.  I knew the story of MacBeth but would have been a little lost at parts had there not been subtitles.   I will say that Lady MacBeth had an amazing voice.   We didn't stay for the suicide and murder of the MacBeth's...we had high school babysitters and it was a school night. but I did enjoy myself.  again, I think the wine played a big role in all of it. 

can someone tell me....didn't the story only have 3 witches ?  there was a stage full of them singing last night.

I pulled Syd's 2nd tooth out.  It was slightly wiggly and I just kept messing with it.  I finally pushed it towards her tongue and we both heard the crackling of roots being ripped away from the tooth and her gums.   She gasped because I'm sure the sound was amplified 10 times in her head and then realized that it was hanging on by a thread.   She squealed with delight and told me to finish the job.   Like before, I grabbed a wet wipe (for better grip) and pulled.
She got a dollar, a new toothbrush (much needed), toothpaste and floss (no more dinosaurs...she wants the adult kind :)  from the tooth fairy this morning.  oh and the best part of all, she goes back on track Monday and will have such great stories to tell. 
Now we CAN sing the song as it was written.   All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth.  my two front teeth.....yadda yadda yadda.   I know they are referring to the 2 top but it's not specific and so we are going with it.
You have read this article with the title MacDeath !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/10/macdeath.html. Thanks!

No comment for "MacDeath !"