Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Painting and altering

I have had a really incredible week this past one - first, being named to the Harlee-Quinnz design team; second, being selected for the SIS Catwalk for my layout Cherry Garcia; and third, winning the Lotuspaperie contest. I am feeling very inspired lately and I know that a big part of it is being part of the TAAFOMFT design team - just seeing their creations and chatting with all of them through email is really energizing me. On Friday I went for an eye exam and was told I didn't need new reading glasses - Yay! I have had this pair since 1997!!!!! The Rx sunglasses literally fell apart last year and I glued them with hot glue but then they fell apart again so now I found some little clip-on ones to wear. (I am really cheap!!!!) Yesterday I went to get my pineapple painting mounted and framed as I was invited to show it in a gallery show. Yay! I couldn't believe how expensive mounting and framing is - I am going to get a book from the library on the subject and figure out how I can do most of it myself in the future. Then yesterday I decided to work on some challenges -

for Scrap Mojo (what's in a name) and Point Blank (bright color slapped with blue, ribbons or buttons, bling 8 1/2 x 11 - Become new you.) This project and the one below are the ultimate in recycling. Sometime a year or so ago I saw a cool project on Keisha Campbell's blog where she covered a canvas with ribbons and then attached photos on top. I used a piece of heavy chipboard, added ribbons, and used colored clips to attach photos of my succulent garden. Anyway, yesterday I ripped off all the ribbons and reattached them with Mod Podge to a blank clipboard. Then I painted with acrylics on the chipboard - after the paint dried, I added some torn pages from an address book, a couple of photos with paper clips, cut out a bird from an old card and added a bling eye, distressed some old Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas, added a button and bling for an "O", and finally did some stamping and rub ons. I put down all the name changes that I have gone through - growing up in the southern US, I had to have a special family nickname - Dolly for the story about the tin soldier and the sugar dolly (my favorite), then Mary Chris in grade school because there were 6 girls named Mary in my class, Mary in high school (so boring!), Christina in my working life - had to sound more sophisticated LOL!, and now Chris - totally relaxed, no preconceived ideas. And there you have it!
Here is the Altered clipboard for Candy Shopped Designs. As I said I Mod Podged all the ribbons on to secure them and to create a hard surface. Then I added the flower and epoxy sticker, and some tied ribbons on the clip part. I put a nail in the wall by my design board to be sure I use this clipboard for keeping notes.
I am almost finished with a layout for the Striptease challenge on Candy Shoppe Designs and I received a very very cool present on Friday that I am going to photograph and show you this week. As I said, I had a great week!!!!!
We are having boiled shrimp and a huge salad for dinner tonight with peaches for dessert, and tomorrow for the holiday, barbequed ribs - YUM! Lately all I do is think about food. LOL! I will be glad when the TAAFOMFT What is your favorite food challenge is over - that reminds me, have you done your layout yet???????
Have a great holiday!!!!!!
thanks for reading and ttfn

You have read this article scrapbooking with the title Painting and altering. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/09/painting-and-altering.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Painting and altering"