While at the park I noticed an older guy. Sitting. Watching. Lots of guys sit and watch....this guy made me VERY uneasy. There was something about him.
He looked normal. Round, balding, salt and pepper hair, suspenders. He looked like he had grandchildren.
I took the boys back to the van....it was time to pick their sister up and as they sat and had a drink before getting in their seats I had a minute to watch the guy. He followed the strays around with his eyes. Glancing at mom to see her talking on her cell phone on a bench not paying attention to her little boy who was tucked away in one of the tubes. He kept his eye on the one without a sibling or friend. His eyes shifted when the one little girl ran to the bathroom by herself.
Luckily there were plenty of moms and other children around.
I've been there when kids come on their bikes all alone though and I thought about those kids.
8 and 9 year olds with the responsibility of their younger brothers and sisters.
I hate that it's like this. I hate that everyone is guilty until proven innocent.
I hate that there are predators out there at all. I just don't understand what goes through someones head when looking at a child and thinking....oooh ya baby. Seriously ! What is that !
OH ! and a little FYI for those of you out there who don't know.
Sex offenders enter a rehabilitation program. Part of that rehabilitation is getting back out into society. When the time comes, they are taken to dept stores...walmart being one of their most frequented. Places that are FILLED with women and children. They are left to walk around and shop. Withstand temptation for 30 minutes.
There are probation officers there......but they don't walk with them. They don't have their eyes on them the WHOLE time.
Just something to think about next time you walk away from your child who doesn't move fast enough and wants to sit and play with the action figures for a little longer.
I have to go fix my toe now. I jumped on Syd's scooter to catch the boys on their bikes. I was heading around a corner at the speed of light when I hit a low/high place on the sidewalk.
You could describe it like this : stumble fart and fall.
I laid OW-T. seriously.
The top of my thumb toe on my one foot and the knuckle (and yes...I have knuckles on my toes) of my ring toe on my other foot are bleeding.
DAMN...and I have to wear strappy shoes tomorrow.
I hope everyone is surviving. If you are doing better than surviving....well good on ya. you are doing better then me :)
You have read this article with the title Potato bugs and ped0philes. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/08/potato-bugs-and-ped0philes.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Potato bugs and ped0philes"
Post a Comment