Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

NEW PAINTINGS AND A LAYOUT

I have been super productive this week despite all of the interruptions like driving to Miami and back on Friday to pick up my son at the airport - he returned from 3 weeks in Buenos Aires. He had a fabulous time - he loves BA and lived there for 2 years 1999-2000. This time he returned to take a class for his Masters degree in Global Education.
I finished the above multi-media piece on Thursday - the cattlea orchids, leaves, and background are watercolor, the tree is gesso, acylic paiint, collaged paper, and the roots are hand dyed ribbons and yarns. The piece is 15 x 22 and I need to talk to my watercolor teacher about how to frame it as it is somewhat 3-dimensional.
I also finished my pineapple painting - I took my DH's suggestion and found a vintage map of Hawaii which I then drew and painted.

I did this layout for Free Shopping on SIS and for Lotuspaperie. For FS I bought a poem (this one is by Carl Sandburg), 4 pps, and fabric. For Lotuspaperie I painted and lifted a layout by Gretchen Mac (loved her beach layout). the above photo I took with the layout laying on my bed with the sun streaming through the curtains - below with no sunshine.
I have been super busy this week working on future TAAFOMFT layouts and I am super inspired - super mojoed!?! I totally cleaned and organized my studio (again!!!) yesterday and discovered some stuff I had forgotten so I feel super excited. I also got a really cool new watercolor book at the library yesterday and discovered that it had a dvd with it so I plan to watch it later today or tomorrow.
Have a great week and thanks for reading and commenting. Your comments mean so much to me. I have been trying to read and comment much more on blogs lately. I have seen such wonderful layouts and read some really inspiring postings.



You have read this article scrapbooking / watercolor with the title NEW PAINTINGS AND A LAYOUT. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-paintings-and-layout.html. Thanks!

No comment for "NEW PAINTINGS AND A LAYOUT"