
I don't normally post too much deep, personal things on my blog but this morning, I must. My friends sister, Angel, passed away last night at 7:45p.m. She was 42 and leaves behind a husband, six children, parents and siblings with hearts that ache for her. She was only diagnosed 3 months ago with cancer. 3 months. 3 months. It takes my breathe away to think that 3 months ago she was just like you or I. She went about her daily life with, most likely, the normal worries and concerns most women walk around with. And then in 1 day....her life changed. From the moment she was diagnosed, she knew it was terminal and there was no treatment to help.
But, she had her faith. She believed in God and believed she would be pain free and in peace once she was "home". And so she spent the last 3 months of her life simply loving her loved ones. I remember watching the movie "The Bucket List" and thinking I should make one of those (if you don't know what I'm talking about go rent the movie...actually is a great flick=). But, I now think Angel got it right. Love the ones you got!! Spend every minute of every day realizing that it could be your last and that the mark on this world that makes the most difference is what kind of friend or family member have you been. Don't sweat the small stuff, look at the bigger picture, etc. As much as it might really "tick me off" that my 8 y.o. still runs in the house after being told for the last 7 years not to run in the house....let it go.
My heart aches for Angel's family but she has reminded me of how important each and every minute is.
You have read this article Chatter
with the title Angel.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/08/angel.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Angel..."
Post a Comment