Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

This is catch up time on items not discussed after the first time I posted and now I barely remember what happened.

Let's start with :
Speech therapy is going. We are to the point where the therapist (Becca) says..."Spencer, say Cat" putting the emphasis on the T. Spencer says, "cah"
So Becca says, "t-t-t, see my tongue, t. Can you say t" and Spencer repeats, "t" and the she says, "GOOOD. Now say, cat-t" and Spencer happily repeats, "cah"
If you ask him to repeat the individual sound...age appropriately he can do it. But to put them together seems to be his biggest challenge.
The GREATEST thing is...he's making up his own form of sign language. SSL we call it. He will tell you a story about the BIIIIG "bubo" (spider) in his room on the ceiling and while doing it will crawl his fingers up your arm, his arm or the furniture by you.
He will also rub his stomach and exaggerates his facial expression while telling you he's "gungy" (hungry). "I gungy mama".

Cam on the other hand has graduated without graduating from the program. Becca doesn't even work with him any more. She stays focused on Spencer and if Cameron rings in, which he always does she acknowledges him with a "good Cam"
He really doesn't need it any more and is talking more and pretty clearly now.

Next item :
Spencer peed in the big potty last night. Peed on cheerios. Stood up and everything. We put him in his t-rex underpants, gave him a ton of juice and waited. I impatiently kept asking him if he needed to go. I didn't want him to miss the opportunity. not for the mess but I wanted to dance and sing and give him a sucker. We did.
Question ?
Do you teach them to hold it themselves at this point? I ended up grabbing it, which stopped the flow for a second (I think it made it nervous), and then helped him while he finished. Otherwise it was an unattended fire hose whipping around spraying the bathroom.
(ok so my description was more for his ego when he gets older...but you get what I mean)
He got a sucker and five B-bucks.
Cam has no desire and when offered says simply, "no thank you"

and Finally :
Speaking of...the b-bucks program is working out WONDERFULLY.
They all totally get it and it has helped a TON !
They work the system by being overly nice to the other one and then look up at me with a beseeching smile. but you know what ? I don't care, they are being nice to each other. fake it all you want. as long as they are nice...they will be rich.
The best part is when Spencer came in and told me, "cah-cah, ah b-buh, ah sheh" which translates to "Cam-Cam (what he calls him) ah b-bucks, ah share" telling me that Cameron had shared and earned a b-bucks.
They all come to tell me when someone is worthy in their minds of a b-bucks.

It also helps end fights and poor behavior when they are threatened with the b-bucks.
The have enjoyed shopping with them and paying for their own ice cream cone or movie and popcorn.
I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is looking for a program to follow.

Pictured below. our b-bucks. and a picture I felt inspired to put together but didn't work out.
Yes this was a pea pod that had 7 peas in it. I've been eating peas by the HANDFULS the last week. A local farmers market sells them and I can't get enough. no they don't cause diarrhea even when consumed by the pounds. unfortunately
Something came up as it tends to do with 5 little people and I had to leave the pea pod. When I returned with the time to take the picture I envisioned, the pod was all dried and crispy. Sadly I probably could have found another one, but the peas had all been eaten by moi. not a one left.

You have read this article with the title This is catch up time on items not discussed after the first time I posted and now I barely remember what happened.. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/06/this-is-catch-up-time-on-items-not.html. Thanks!

No comment for "This is catch up time on items not discussed after the first time I posted and now I barely remember what happened."