Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Therapy Session #3

Today I was really looking forward to going to therapy. This last few weeks has felt like a roller coaster ride with lack of sleep, moving and arguing with my mother. Before we went to therapy my mother called and left a message on the phone stating that she wasn't mad at me, and that her fight was with Tina. She asked me to bring Carly over on Thursday, so she could show her off to the neighbor. I knew I needed my therapy session to help me react to the phone call in the appropriate manner, so I waited to call her after our therapy session.
In my session, I was told everything my bfs told me...that I needed to stand up for Tina and not let my mom call her a Bitch in our house. I should also not allow my mom to divide us, since we are a married couple with a child. 3rd, never let Carly be in the same room when there is arguing going on. The therapist said it would have been appropriate for me to take Carly and excuse myself from the room while Tina and my mother argued.
The therapist told me many other very valuable things. She said I need to set the boundaries and create a protective bubble around myself, Tina and Carly. She also said I need to stop this pattern I have with my mother or I could end up repeating it with Carly.
I called my mother tonight and told her how upset I was with the way she spoke to Tina. She agreed to not get involved in our lives anymore.
You have read this article with the title Therapy Session #3. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/05/therapy-session-3.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Therapy Session #3"