Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Memorial Day!










We had plans to go visit our bfs for a memorial day party today. We ended up going up and spending the night with them last night because my mother went off on Tina and they had a nasty argument. Our friends put their foot down and wouldn't take no for an answer and told us to come spend the night. It felt great to be in an environment without boxes everywhere and to be surrounded by love.
My mom went out of town last week and wanted to see Carly really badly. She had a present for her and everything. I told my mom to come over so she could visit with Carly while I unload boxes. Instead of helping me so I could unpack, my mom wanted to rehash everything again! She started talking about Tina again and told me that Tina is always rude to her. I told my mom that Tina was just mad at her about the house and then we started going down the road about the house. Tina came home at that moment and could feel that something was wrong. She asked what was up and I asked my mom to talk to her and stop putting me in the middle. All hell broke loose and my mom told Tina that we obviously needed her help because we obviously hadn't been making the best decisions, like buying our condo at the peak of the market etc etc, which wasn't the case. Tina and I had to defend ourselves again and my mom went down her list of things it got really ugly. My mom called Tina a Bitch and Tina raised her tone to my mom. I didn't know what to say. I was trying to be the peace keeper, but that wasn't working. Finally, my mom stormed out and said, "We got what we wanted, we wont get ANY help from her and that Tina wasn't welcome to ANY family functions...and then called her a little dyke and slammed the door. My mom was sobbing. Tina and I were a mess after she left. We called our friends and they told us to come up and see them. We hated leaving the dogs alone in the house with all the boxes, but I thought it would be good for us to take a break. Our friends grilled chicken and made a beautiful salad and we ate outside and visited. They gave us their support and spoiled us. My bf told me that she was disappointed that I didn't ask my mom to leave after the first Bitch comment. She said I should have protected Tina better in our home. They also were worried about Carly being subjected to the arguing. Tina and I have our therapy appointment tomorrow at 1pm, so we'll have a lot to talk about. I haven't spoken to my mom since the argument, which I'm sure she's disturbed about. I just don't know what to say. Tina is my wife! Now, my sisters are going to be pissed at me again, because my mom's going to make us seem like lunatics. I just don't have the energy to deal with all of them. We need a big break.
Friday, I took Carly to her pediatrician while Tina helped the movers move us back to the condo. Carly weighted 11.5 lbs and is in the 97 percentile of height and weight! The doctor says she's going to be really tall! Her head size was only in the 75 percentile. :) My sister Heather went with me to the appointment and she told me that my niece was 12 pounds at 3 months old and Carly's almost 12 lbs at one month! She teased that Carly was a chubby baby like me. I love our pediatrician. He always makes us feel so welcome. He explained the echo report to us and said that the hole in Carly's heart is very small and said it won't pose a threat.
You have read this article with the title Memorial Day!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2009/05/memorial-day.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Memorial Day!"